RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #1

Looking for Snowbird recommendation for central Fla

Hi, we have a class A Coach and are looking to start spending the winter season in central Florida. We love Fort Wilderness but that is very pricey for a long term stay. We are hoping to be less than an hour drive from the Orlando airport. We are looking for a park that has paved roads and pads, a dog park for our Border Collie, easy access to shopping and dining and friendly folks! I would appreciate any suggestions. I am weary and overwhelmed with the web searching!! Thank you in advance for responses

luvdisnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2018, 06:58 PM   #2

There is a new KOA in Deland, FL that has everything you want except maybe the dog park. Not for sure. There is a dog park a couple of miles away.

allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:14 PM   #3

You might check Olde Mill Stream in Umatilla.
Dog park and lots of good dining in the area.
Nice park and decent price especially if you are interested in 6 mos. Site is then yours and you can store items in the off season.
About 1/2 hr to Sanford / Orlando AP
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:21 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I know that it is not central,
but Compass RV Park in St Augustine fits all of your other requirements.

Jim
Old 03-14-2018, 08:21 PM   #5
vwd

Check out tgoresort.com. About an hour to Disney. 45 minutes to Orlando international and Orlando Sanford.
vwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check out Rolling Ridge RV Park in Clermont, FL. It is an owner owned park but many sites are available for rental. I have rented site 19 for next winter.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:47 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
SanLan RV Resort - Lakeland, FL
Old 03-15-2018, 07:39 AM   #8

Thank you so much for the recommendations. I am going to make some phone calls and check out these locations. One thing I neglected to mention is high speed internet! Hopefully one or more of these offers it. Any more suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old 03-15-2018, 08:00 AM   #9

We found for high speed Internet you probably will need local cable company to drop a line for you. We stayed at Waters Edge RV Resort in Zephyrhills for two winters and had cable and wi-fi dropped in. Normally they require minimum of 30 days of service. We ended up buying a lot at Emerald Pointe RV Resort in Zephyrhills and have a permanent wi-fi put in. We put it on vacation hold from end of April to November.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
SanLan RV Resort - Lakeland, FL
I can vouch that Sanlan is very nice, but a little pricey, IMO. They don't give a big discount for weekly or monthly stays - 5% off the daily rate for weekly and 10% for monthly with electric included. Being a local, I was surprised at how nice as I had never needed to check them out. We stayed for 2 weeks the beginning of January while we were between houses. I actually was disappointed we had to leave. I don't remember a dog park, but there are open fields that we let our dog run off leash and tons of walking space on leash. I used my own hot spot as the WiFi wasn't the greatest....typical RV park internet. The location for shopping/restaurants is super. The Orlando airport is a little more than an hr., but not much. Good luck!
Old 03-18-2018, 11:46 AM   #11

Thank you everyone for all the great info. I checked each recommendation out and we are looking at three parks in the Polk City area. All of them have everything that we were hoping to find. We don't know much about that area but the parks all seem nice and suitable as described on their websites. Anyone know the area? We are hoping to check them out next month during a quick visit back south.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:10 PM   #12

Ocala RV Resort

Photo Gallery - Oak Tree Village & Campground