Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2011, 06:21 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looking for suggestions!

Could anyone please recommend a nice RV park or campground within 12 to 17 hours from the Detroit area the first week of April that would be warm?? We'll need to escape the cold Michigan weather, but will be traveling with family who own an older Class C motorhome that they don't want to take too far.

We're looking for someplace that offers concrete pads, full hookup - and maybe allows golf carts? A pool or beach would be awsome for our granddaughter. We thought of Myrtle Beach (have stayed at Ocean Lakes and LOVED all the activity!) - but worry about our daughter and son-in-law's older motorhome in the mountains.

Thank you!
Born2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Go straight south to south Alabama and you won't have any mountains just some bigger hills. Get on I-65 and go south till you can't go no more. Stop in TN and get some grits for breakfast, Get some black-eyed peas and fried chicken in AL. and before you know it you can put your feet in the Gulf.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You could try the Kings Island area in Ohio, but I'd head for farther south.

12 hours translates to about 600 miles.. Just take I-75 South and .. Start looking when you get that far south. I'm about 20 hours south just now,, Nice and warm.

Or, as we rewrite the song down here

I'm dreaming of a GREEN Christmas
With no cars sliding in the ditch
Where the weather is warmer
And not so stormier
And going outside is not a witch.

I'm dreaming of a GREEN Christmas
With heavy coats locked away
Where the sun is shining
And I'm not pining
For roads cleared by the break of day.

Others can feel free to expand on the verses.