Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #1

loretta lynns ranch

going on first long trip with wife in motor home to nashville area she is interested in stay at loretta lynns ranch and rv
park could not find any where in the travel forums where anyone had stayed there.
we would appreciate any input on this park or maybe another one in the general area we will be bringing our hhr to do our running around in so don't mind staying a reasonable distance for a nice place to park the rv.

thanks for any help frank and cricket the johnsons

i
pwf16129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #2

this is one of our plans also. understand loretta is there from time to time.
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #3

We stayed there in the fall of '07. I recall that the campground is on a hill and some sites are more level than others. All sites were paved. We had no trouble parking our 37 ft fiver and crew cab pickup. Our site was a pull through with picnic table on a deck because of the terrain. There wasn't much around there but Loretta's ranch is beautiful and we drove around it for free. I think there was a store/souvenir stand but it was near closing time and we didn't stop. We ate at a buffet a few miles down the road that was run by some of Loretta's relatives and it was pretty good.

We stayed only one night.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #4

Ranch is located west of nashville off of interstate 40. Will need a toad to get around.
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:57 AM   #5

Check campgroundreviews.com under Hurricane Mills, the reviews are all over the place. If she is there might be ok, other than that I don't know if you would catch me there. We would opt for one of the many COE parks surronding Nashville ourselfs. Love those Honky-tonks down on Broadway. She also has a website: LorettaLynn.com

Bob
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #6

Three decent CG on Music Drive. KOA is older and tight for bigger rigs. other two just before KOA. All easy to get to from interstate. Also right by Camping World
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:51 PM   #7

We are there every year for the first week in August! But we are there for work we own a motocross graphics company and one of the largest races of the year is there and it is the first week in August every year. Yes Loretta is there from time to time and take time to drive up the road to her house last year the old bridge near her house/mansion washed away and the entire bottom of the ranch flooded. There are stories of the area being haunted by civil war ghosts we have never seen any off of 40 there isn't much but there is a cool old town to go visit still has the "old town" feeling the older women in the town kinda of look like they are stuck in time kinda funny and of course there are a bunch of old farmers around.
I say a good 2 night stay spot then back on the road!!! Any questions please pm me I will be more than happy to help!
motofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:01 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
we visted there in augest o9. we were traveling with my uncle & aunt they were there years ago when they would sing and perfom by campfire.that don't happen any more all about motor cross.but like a man told me had to do something to pay the bills.but nice park clean,and had good time riding around back roads
safe travels bob,linda & missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote