Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #1

Louisville, Ky rv park

Not sure if this is right forum or page but we're planning trip to louisville, ky in December and we've been searching for an RV park near the convention center. We've looked at the allstays app, rvparking.com, and google for nice parks and it seems there are very few there. We found one called Ad-more in Clarksville, In that has descent reviews but is a little farther than we wanted to be from the convention. Another possibility is the Kentucky Convention center itself has 20 or so spots. Do any of you know anything about the Louisville area or these two parks? Thanks
barryb
Crop Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2013, 06:13 AM   #2

We have stayed at the Clarksville KOA. It's just across the river from Louisville near Indiana exit #1 on I-65. It's more a basic KOA, rather than a resort, but it could be a close base for touring in the area. However, there is construction on the downtown interstate bridge interchange, so there will be a hassle crossing back to Louisville since there is already lots of traffic at this location (maybe doable if not at rush hour). The convention center is south of town, right near the Waterson expressway (Interstate 64 / 264 and I-65). While we have never stayed there, this might be your best bet.

Also, check the KY highway dept. for current road conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crop Duster View Post
Not sure if this is right forum or page but we're planning trip to louisville, ky in December and we've been searching for an RV park near the convention center. We've looked at the allstays app, rvparking.com, and google for nice parks and it seems there are very few there. We found one called Ad-more in Clarksville, In that has descent reviews but is a little farther than we wanted to be from the convention. Another possibility is the Kentucky Convention center itself has 20 or so spots. Do any of you know anything about the Louisville area or these two parks? Thanks
barryb
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:26 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
we're planning trip to louisville, ky in December
December 2014?
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
December 2014?
Must be 2014. He have to drive hard to get there in 2013. Lol

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:45 AM   #5

We stay at Grandma's Campground about 20 miles south on I65 near Shepardsville. Nice place, big sites, first rate hookups, good price. Worth the drive. There is a KoA a few miles closer on I 65 but it is much more expensive.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #6

X2 on Grandma's.

The fairgrounds camping is just parking lot with electric on the light poles and is right next to I-65 so it will be very noisy.

Grandma's is not too bad a drive. They are also right off I-65 and are next door to a weekend flee market so they will have some noise but with full hook ups and being more "rural" that's where I would staying (again).

Phil
workinrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #7

Ok, thanks everyone. I didn't see Grandma's. We'll check it out. I know it's a long time off but if we stay at convention center there's only 20 or so spots so I want to get reservation early. This will be our first crop dusters convention in Kentucky. It looks like about 11 hours north of us. I've landed a few times in Paducah for fuel but never driven in that part of the country. We're looking forward to it. I try to make most of the meetings but DW just shops. After crossing 50 time has speeded up a little so December will be here soon.
barryb
Old 12-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #8

x3 on Grandma's. When the temp drops to freezing or below, you must disconnect from the city water. If you do not, after a reminder, they will ask you to leave.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #9

You have other options.... The KOA in Shepardsville, KY on Rt 44 is closer than the other KOAs that have been mentioned ....if we are talking KY Convention Center.... I have stayed on the convention center parking area in boondock fashion. I did not take advantage of their hookups. $8 to park...$50 for hookup.
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
X4 on Grandma's. I show horses at the Expo Center every August and have stayed at Grandma's the past two years. It's an easy drive up 65. I stayed at the Clarksville KOA one year and the bridge traffic was horrid-- and that was before they started on the construction!
twinknkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #11

Kinda off-topic but, after years of debate, they're finally gonna build the I-265 bridge across the Ohio river, northeast of Louisville, but completion is 2018...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinknkate View Post
X4.... I stayed at the Clarksville KOA one year and the bridge traffic was horrid-- and that was before they started on the construction!
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
Kinda off-topic but, after years of debate, they're finally gonna build the I-265 bridge across the Ohio river, northeast of Louisville, but completion is 2018...
Kind of funny I think it only took 2 years to build the Empire State Building
Old 01-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
We've tried all the local KOAs, not very good for price or convenience. Grandmas is OK but still a ways out from Louisville and full many times.
I recommend Charlestown SP in Indiana across the Ohio at exit 6A off I65. Good sites.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote