Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2006, 11:21 PM   #1

We have just spent the week at the Malibu Beach RV Park. This is the third year my group of friends have gone there. We love being right on the ocean, there is a great beach there to relax and you can't beat the view. Our past two trips have been great, friendly people and full emenities. This year has been different though. The park has recently gotten new managers, Jeff & Cheryl. I don't know what their marching orders are, but they have all but ruined the park with their management style. They just don't ask you to follow the campground rules, they enforce them. There is no politeness to them, I don't believe that the word even exists in their vocabulary. Our group of 8 families was harassed by these people and their workers almost every day for stupid things. Many times it seemed like they came around just looking for something to complain about. And it was not just us. I love talking to the other campers around the park, learning where they are from and where they have been. In the week that I was there, I talked to over 25 different campers, and every one of them complained about the managers. Complaints ranged from dealing with pets to getting yelled at to move a vehicle that was stopped to pick up a passenger, to kids being kicked out of the video game room for no apparent reason. Many of the campers stated that they were harassed to be quiet even though they were quietly sitting outside their RV's and just talking with friends.

I believe in following campground rules. We have been RV'ing for 20 years now all around the US and we have never been treated as poorly as we were from these people. It got so bad one morning, as I was walking my dogs to the dog walk and one of the dogs pee'd on a dirt patch 50 yards from the walk, that I finally lost my cool and had it out with these people. I asked them to please explain to me how I was supposed to get my pets to the dog walk when I was told that I wasn't supposed to walk them throught the park and I couldn't drive them there since there was no place to park a vehicle near the walk. They not only couldn't give me an answer, they wouldn't and they told me if I was going to continue to break the rules, I would be asked to leave. I counted over 35 dogs in the park, everyone of them was walked to and from the dog walk as I did with mine, but since the manager saw one of mine pee on the dirt, I was now a bad dog owner. Trying to talk to them was like trying to reason with a 3 year old. It wasn't going to happen.

In years past, there were different managers enforcing the same rules and we have never had a problem. But these new managers are way over the top. They have taken a fun campground and turned it into a mini consentration camp. Heck, there is even a lady who at night runs out in from of your vehicle and shines a high power red spotlight in your eyes to stop you to check your parking tag. After getting the light shinned in your eyes, it takes a few minutes to be able to see again. Not good for people with poor eyesite.

I would advise anyone that is thinking about going to this RV park to rethink their plans, at least while these managers are working there. I tried to find out who the owners of the park were to talk to them about these people, but they would not give me any information about them. If anyone has an idea on how to locate owner information, I would appreciate it greatly.

We still had a fun time on our vacation, it was just a bummer we had to deal with these inconsiderate, impolite people.

Thanks for listening,

Clark & Robin Carney

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2006, 11:21 PM   #2

We have just spent the week at the Malibu Beach RV Park. This is the third year my group of friends have gone there. We love being right on the ocean, there is a great beach there to relax and you can't beat the view. Our past two trips have been great, friendly people and full emenities. This year has been different though. The park has recently gotten new managers, Jeff & Cheryl. I don't know what their marching orders are, but they have all but ruined the park with their management style. They just don't ask you to follow the campground rules, they enforce them. There is no politeness to them, I don't believe that the word even exists in their vocabulary. Our group of 8 families was harassed by these people and their workers almost every day for stupid things. Many times it seemed like they came around just looking for something to complain about. And it was not just us. I love talking to the other campers around the park, learning where they are from and where they have been. In the week that I was there, I talked to over 25 different campers, and every one of them complained about the managers. Complaints ranged from dealing with pets to getting yelled at to move a vehicle that was stopped to pick up a passenger, to kids being kicked out of the video game room for no apparent reason. Many of the campers stated that they were harassed to be quiet even though they were quietly sitting outside their RV's and just talking with friends.

I believe in following campground rules. We have been RV'ing for 20 years now all around the US and we have never been treated as poorly as we were from these people. It got so bad one morning, as I was walking my dogs to the dog walk and one of the dogs pee'd on a dirt patch 50 yards from the walk, that I finally lost my cool and had it out with these people. I asked them to please explain to me how I was supposed to get my pets to the dog walk when I was told that I wasn't supposed to walk them throught the park and I couldn't drive them there since there was no place to park a vehicle near the walk. They not only couldn't give me an answer, they wouldn't and they told me if I was going to continue to break the rules, I would be asked to leave. I counted over 35 dogs in the park, everyone of them was walked to and from the dog walk as I did with mine, but since the manager saw one of mine pee on the dirt, I was now a bad dog owner. Trying to talk to them was like trying to reason with a 3 year old. It wasn't going to happen.

In years past, there were different managers enforcing the same rules and we have never had a problem. But these new managers are way over the top. They have taken a fun campground and turned it into a mini consentration camp. Heck, there is even a lady who at night runs out in from of your vehicle and shines a high power red spotlight in your eyes to stop you to check your parking tag. After getting the light shinned in your eyes, it takes a few minutes to be able to see again. Not good for people with poor eyesite.

I would advise anyone that is thinking about going to this RV park to rethink their plans, at least while these managers are working there. I tried to find out who the owners of the park were to talk to them about these people, but they would not give me any information about them. If anyone has an idea on how to locate owner information, I would appreciate it greatly.

We still had a fun time on our vacation, it was just a bummer we had to deal with these inconsiderate, impolite people.

Thanks for listening,

Clark & Robin Carney

Old 08-25-2006, 10:26 AM   #3

To get their attention try emailing them a note and include a link to your post here. You could try the county treasurer's office, or city/township treasurer to get the name of the tax payer of record - usually the owner. It is likely a corporation, but the name will be a matter of public record.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #4

Just a follow up to this problem, my wife called Malibu RV Park the other day to see about reserving a spot there in August and apparently the same managers are still there. When she gave them our name, the lady informed my wife that we were not allowed to camp there, apparently they black listed our group and when our name came up, oh well were bad campers. So if that's the way they want it, so be it. I have heard numerous accounts from different people that we have met camping about stories of rude treatment there. They are on a list that gets people from out of the country who rent the 1-800 RV's. Malibu apparently gets a ton of money from these foreign campers who come and go every 2-3 days. So people like us who want to stay there for a week or so actually cost them money, they would much rather have the turn-over.

No more Malibu for us, we've been black-listed!!!

Clark

Old 02-19-2007, 11:24 AM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Clark, If I were you, I'd be filing formal complaints against that park with eveyone I could, local, county & state. The state camp ground owners assoc, and even Good Sam. I would even include a threat of a charecter defamation suit. Maybe they will get the idea, and I think that would get the owners attention. I bet that management team won't be there very long!!!

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote