Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2007, 02:53 AM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Got back yesterday evening from our trip to Mammoth Cave National Park. We had a terrific relaxing time in the mountains of Central Kentucky. There are a ton of things to see and do in this area. I highly recommend it to anyone. With the exception of our campground. It was Crystal Onyx Cave And Campground. I will post a review, and photos from this place a little later. Let's just say that "Trailer Life" will be thrilled with the photo I took of their "inspected and approved" sign posted at this campground.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2007, 02:53 AM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Got back yesterday evening from our trip to Mammoth Cave National Park. We had a terrific relaxing time in the mountains of Central Kentucky. There are a ton of things to see and do in this area. I highly recommend it to anyone. With the exception of our campground. It was Crystal Onyx Cave And Campground. I will post a review, and photos from this place a little later. Let's just say that "Trailer Life" will be thrilled with the photo I took of their "inspected and approved" sign posted at this campground.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:46 AM   #3

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I'm glad you had a good time... and thanks for the tip about the campground. I'll watch for your review and photos.</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #5

was this one of them rv resorts!
glad you had a good time!

2006 Dodge 3500 dually
countryside drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by machman72:
I have posted a review, and here are url's for additional photos of the place.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you post your review? I couldn't find it in the CG Reviews page.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Ewww, that looks harsh. Our policy... no website, no photos... not for us. Even our little 12 space RV park in Dolores, Colorado (that we own) can be found on the web. It isn't hard (or expensive) to have a little website with photos. IMHO.

Brenda, of...
Old 09-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Brenda and Tony---Wow, Delores, Co. Brings back memories (60's and 70's) when I use to work on a farm in Mancos and then go fishing on the Delores river. Excellent fishing and was even stalked by a bear who did get all of my fish that day---no need to argue. Can your park handle a 38' fifer? It would be exciting to visit again. Maverik

05 Excel CLO36
maverik/gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:20 AM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Review is listed under Crystal Onyx Cave and Campground in Kentucky.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:30 AM   #10
doc

Appalachian Campers
Add this place to the list of places we will NOT be visiting. Even with brighter light this place would be scary looking.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #11

Appalachian Campers
Please remember to not let this junky little campground scare you off from the area. The Cave City area, and the City of Glasgow are very nice . Good roads, plenty to see and do. There are at least 3 or 4 other campgrounds in the area that DO have web sites . This area appears to be experiencing a LOT of growth. Loads of new construction going on around here. I would visit here again. Just not at this particular campground.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #12

Your pictures look just like it did when I was there last, in the 1960's. Doesn't look like they have done a thing to it. Kids bounced balls off the side of my trailer and dogs ran loose like wild hogs.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote