Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #29

Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyJ1952 View Post
We were there for two weeks and never did see any key deer but I remember seeing the signs
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
March 5,6,7 Grassy Key RV Park (they call it a resort) in Marathon and March 8,9,10 at Key Largo Kampground in Key Largo. Can't wait to get there !!
Wow, thats a little deer !!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyJ1952

We were there for two weeks and never did see any key deer but I remember seeing the signs
Get off the main road and ride around in some of the neighborhoods on Big Pine and No Name...you'll see plenty.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbounder View Post
Get off the main road and ride around in some of the neighborhoods on Big Pine and No Name...you'll see plenty.
Stop in No Name Pub if you can find it. There are dollar bills people write there names or whatever on stapled to the walls and ceiling covering them both. Their pizza is not bad for Florida. We have seen Key Deer around there a couple of times.

People should not, but do feed them so they have little fear of humans and some will walk right up to you looking for a hand out as you can see from that photo.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #33

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark
Stop in No Name Pub if you can find it. There are dollar bills people write there names or whatever on stapled to the walls and ceiling covering them both. Their pizza is not bad for Florida.
I'm glad you posted this. Patty and I were trying to remember the name of this place.

When we were there in '95, I remember telling Patty that the bills on the wall were worth more than the building. We did enjoy the pizza. IIRC it is off the beaten path. We were told about it then by the folks who run Parmer's Resort on Little Torch Key.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #34

Herbies restaurant in marathon,really good.
wylie pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Here are a few of our faves. Burdines Chiki Tiki turn down 15th ocean and go to the end. Their french fries are a must. You will pass Castaways on the way 33 beers on draft. The Wreck and Galley Grassy Key next to the Dolphin Research Center. Keys Fisheries go down 35 bay side to the end. Get a lobster Reuben there. Sparkys Landing Key Colony Beach. Island Fish Company 12648 Overseas Highway (MM54) Sunset Grill Knights Key Blvd turn left just before 7 mile bridge traveling west (south bound 1) they actually have a pool for patrons to use. Sunday funday on Sunday afternoons they BBQ stuff and have specials, gets crowded.

Herbies of course but they are closed Mondays.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #36

Heartland RV Club
No Name Pub, Big Pine Key, Florida, Florida's Famous Pub Pizza

Best Pizza in the Keys.

Wayne
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #37

Speaking of Parmer's, don't forget Parrotdise Bar and Grille next door. To show you how sick we are, we watched the Christmas Lighted Boat parade on their webcam!!! Figured we couldn't be there in person so why not?
Old 12-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbounder View Post
don't forget Parrotdise Bar and Grille
Ah yes, home of Big Pecker wine. If you are down that way stop by Boondocks Grille & Drafthouse. On Ramrod Key. The biggest tiki hut I have ever seen. A little pricey but we have never been disappointed with the food.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:04 AM   #39

Alpine Owners Club
I can hear it now.
Hey Tom and Patty what did you do in the keys?

EAT!!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:08 AM   #40

Too many tiki bars in the keys to name them all... but theres Looe Key Tiki bar. And probably one of the smallest most laid back in the lower keys is the Sugarloaf Hotel and Marina Tiki Bar. Its out behind the restaurant overlooking the water. BTW... the restaurant there does take out too.. and that grilled mahi is pretty good under the RV awning.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #41

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyrver View Post
I agree. But you didn't say how many hours it would take to read (or count) all the currency on the walls, ceilings, etc. That could take an entire vacation by itself!
Old 12-25-2011, 06:18 AM   #42

Coastal Campers
We have been here at Jolly Roger TP for about a week now. This place was pretty empty when we got here but is filling up fast now. Nice place if you don't like all the hustle and bustle around.