Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Alaska, Canada, Mexico and Beyond
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:29 AM   #29

Please update us on your trip, road conditions, RV parks, etc. would like to make the trip in the future.
Larry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2016, 04:59 PM   #30

[QUOTE=RV Vagabond;2891630]According to Mexico Mike, we all should leave the states and move to Mexico for safety - who's buying that?
[/QUOTE

I feel more comfortable in Mexico than in the states. I have been there over 100 times, just got back last week.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:30 PM   #31

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post
According to Mexico Mike, we all should leave the states and move to Mexico for safety - who's buying that?
Many people might agree. Mexican federal police killed less people than cops in the US last year.
Johnitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:35 PM   #32

There's a reason the Cruise Ships don't travel to Mexico anymore! At least on the Pacific ocean side. My son's church took a mission trip to Mexico and they were robbed! Truly scary! No more Mexico.
Windtalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:50 PM   #33

Outdoors RV Owners Club
So stay away from the troublesome coastal tourist cities. Where the ignorant and entitled tourists are, so are the thieves that thrive in their midst.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:33 AM   #34

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
Lol. That's so not true. Princess, Carnival, Norwegian, and Holland America all do anywhere from 3-14 night Mexico cruises, and Celebrity stops in like 5 ports on their LA to Miami Panama Canal cruise. Unwary tourists get robbed in every country every day. I was robbed in Vienna, and yes it was scary, but that didn't stop me from going to Europe. I have to wonder, however, if *someone* was trying to send a message to missionaries on a mission in one of the world's most religious and Catholic countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windtalker View Post
There's a reason the Cruise Ships don't travel to Mexico anymore! At least on the Pacific ocean side. My son's church took a mission trip to Mexico and they were robbed! Truly scary! No more Mexico.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:39 AM   #35

Mexico City just claimed the number 1 spot on the New York Times list of 52 Places to Go in 2016.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...e=sectionfront
Old 01-10-2016, 05:56 AM   #36

Misionaries should mind their own business and stay away from Mexico. They bring turmoil and unrest. In Chiapis they infiltrated a uneducated tribe of Indians. The people who followed these Missionaries were expelled from the community and now live in poverty. There have been incidents where the Missionaries were either attacked or maybe killed ( never proven). In the community where we spend the winter the Missionaries live in fancy homes with high walls. Do nothing for the people but sponge off the naïve people. There is one exception. A group of Spanish Misionaries have been here about 25 years. They help people build concrete block houses. The Mexicans provide their own labor but pay for part of the materials. This is common in other Latin countries. Sort of a Co-op and credit union. With the guidance of these Misionaries hundreds of families now live in a real house. The help is provided to people of all faiths.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:50 AM   #37

Quote:

OMG, how funny is that. Where do people come up with this stuff. I don't think you can always blame it on the reader as I'm as guilty as many reading and being influenced by total BS but seriously, do they have a special media office set up just to publish BS on Mexico? And what would be the motive.

This one is a gooder though. Too funny.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
Lol. That's so not true. Princess, Carnival, Norwegian, and Holland America all do anywhere from 3-14 night Mexico cruises, and Celebrity stops in like 5 ports on their LA to Miami Panama Canal cruise. Unwary tourists get robbed in every country every day. I was robbed in Vienna, and yes it was scary, but that didn't stop me from going to Europe. I have to wonder, however, if *someone* was trying to send a message to missionaries on a mission in one of the world's most religious and Catholic countries?
Exactly. There are about 6000 pick pocket incidents per pay in Paris, Barcelona etc etc etc. Can you imagine not seeing places like this because of pick pocket incidents. The Ramblas Barcelona is one of our favorite spots to sit and people watch with a sangria in hand. Can't imagine missing it because of the pick pocket activity there.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #39

American Coach Owners Club
Well now... I also heard & believed the rumors, unfortunately. Would love to go back, but this time in an RV! The beaches are beautiful!
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #40

Say what you want, I cruised to Western Carribean for my retirement celebration. On one of our cities in Mexico, there were armed men with machine guns at the end of the dock. It didn't feel safe to me. I'd much rather go the Oregon coast.
Windtalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:22 PM   #41

Quote:
Say what you want, I cruised to Western Carribean for my retirement celebration. On one of our cities in Mexico, there were armed men with machine guns at the end of the dock. It didn't feel safe to me. I'd much rather go the Oregon coast.

I get that. Kinda gives you the heebie jeebies. But tough to travel anywhere in the world without seeing that now. If that kinda thing makes you uncomfortable definitely take all of europe off your list. We don't don't like it either. We are just not willing to accept the alternative of staying home. Everybody has a comfort zone. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:27 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
Mexico City just claimed the number 1 spot on the New York Times list of 52 Places to Go in 2016.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...e=sectionfront

Mexico took three honors #1, #23, #32!
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote