Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #1

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I'm looking for two places to stay overnight on the way down to Fort Wilderness over Easter break. We just need a place with hookups and a decent site. Don't need a pool or activities or anything. We want a CG though rather than a Walmart so we can shower and cook meals without having to worry about full tanks. I would like to stop the first night in central Kentucky and the last night as far south in Georgia as we can so that we can get to the Fort at check in and enjoy our first day there. I'd appreciate any help you can give...name of the CG, and possibly a website or phone number so I can make a reservation. THANKS !! </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #2

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I'm looking for two places to stay overnight on the way down to Fort Wilderness over Easter break. We just need a place with hookups and a decent site. Don't need a pool or activities or anything. We want a CG though rather than a Walmart so we can shower and cook meals without having to worry about full tanks. I would like to stop the first night in central Kentucky and the last night as far south in Georgia as we can so that we can get to the Fort at check in and enjoy our first day there. I'd appreciate any help you can give...name of the CG, and possibly a website or phone number so I can make a reservation. THANKS !! </span>

Old 02-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Made the trip many times and there isn't much.

One stop is mile marker 21 or 24 north of Cincinnati at a Quality Inn. They have sites on perfectly flat parking lot behind the hotel. It is cheap, fast, and as a bonus you get to use the pool.

I know it's not central Kentucky but, about 1.5 hours north.

There are a few places South of Atlanta including a KOA but, can't really recommend one over the other.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #4

javajelly --

Is the Quality Inn on I75 or I71? We're taking the same route south in 3-4 weeks, and this is about the right place for us to stop overnight (from Brockport).
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:38 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Americas Best Value Inn
CINCINNATI, Ohio (Hamilton)

Phone: (513)771-5252

Off exit 14 on I - 75 North of Cincinnati. Full hook-up sites.

Sorry, it's not a Quality Inn and it's exit 14 not 24.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Chad,
Requiring sewer put a bit of a constriction on the choices. Consider:

Cincinatti South Rose Garden CG 866-477-0024 Opens March 1. I75, exit 166 in Kentucky. About 3 miles from I75. They have sewer sites.

Oh Kentucky CG, 859-986-1150, I75, exit 76.

I have not stayed at these CGs.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:28 PM   #7

Why stop at central Kentucky, you should have no trouble making if from your area to at least central Tennessee near Knoxville. I've made it easily in a day down as far as Chattanooga. I don't have a list of campgrounds handy, but I'll do some checking to see what looks interesting. We have found that if we push a bit longer on the first day, it makes the following days a bit easier.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why stop at central Kentucky, you should have no trouble making if from your area to at least central Tennessee near Knoxville. I've made it easily in a day down as far as Chattanooga. I don't have a list of campgrounds handy, but I'll do some checking to see what looks interesting. We have found that if we push a bit longer on the first day, it makes the following days a bit easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">We talked about that tonight. We agreed we would rather drive farther the first two days and only have a few hour drive on Saturday morning so we can be there at check in at 1:00. It will make for a long drive with the kids...but it will be worth it when we get there. I am going to try to find a place to stop after 500 miles from home and then another 500 miles the second day. That will give us only about 200 miles that last morning =)</span>

Old 02-21-2007, 05:32 PM   #9

Chad
You did not tell us what route you were going to take. It would help to know for the info you are requesting. s/Toby
Old 02-21-2007, 05:40 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Chad
You did not tell us what route you were going to take. It would help to know for the info you are requesting. s/Toby </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Sorry...guess that would help !! We will be taking I-75 from Mi to Fl.</span>

Old 02-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #11

We like State Parks.

We have stayed at these two and like them, but we are partial to State Parks...
(farther south than you wanted but...) Chattanooga TN: Harrison Bay SP I-75 Exit 11 (at light turn L follow road - Harrison Rd - out to Hwy 58 & turn R, Turn L at sign for HBSP - Harrison Bay Rd - and it's about a mile down the road... if you go straight there is a grocery store over the hill on Hwy 58 just past the turn off for the campround) W/E only. Has pull thrus

Cordele GA Georgia Vet's SP I-75 Exit 101. 9 mile off the interstate. For a holiday, make a reservation since this is a very popular park and it fills up. W/E only not sewer. New dump station put in over the winter. Has pull thrus