Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
There are several in town. What do you mean by close? I would sacrifice a quick drive for one of the most incredible places on the planet and stay in Arches National Park in Devil's Garden CG. You won't be disappointed. It is about a 30 minute drive into town from heaven.
Maybe running before i can walk as I haven't even got my coach yet, but I'm collating a list a recommended campgrounds in the areas we would like to visit. This sounds like it should be one of them. My question is, do you think any of the sites will fit a 45' rig? The booking website suggests a max size of 40'.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
Maybe running before i can walk as I haven't even got my coach yet, but I'm collating a list a recommended campgrounds in the areas we would like to visit. This sounds like it should be one of them. My question is, do you think any of the sites will fit a 45' rig? The booking website suggests a max size of 40'.
UKGuy, I've seen some really large 5th wheel rigs in the CG so I'm guessing a 45' coach will fit in the 40' spots.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #17

UK guy
Wife and Moved from UK 5 years ago , we bought a 28ft a class and used the hell out of it then traded to a 36ft DP , just thinking changing to a left hand drive 45ft rig is a big step
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
Can't imagine visiting Moab without a toad...so many things and areas to explore - and they're all spread far apart. You guys must be 'hardcore' cyclists. Have fun, it's a very special place.
Training for an ironman so have to be cycling as much as possible !
Old 03-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjnr View Post
UK guy
Wife and Moved from UK 5 years ago , we bought a 28ft a class and used the hell out of it then traded to a 36ft DP , just thinking changing to a left hand drive 45ft rig is a big step
You're not wrong. Used to have a 28' caravan (TT for our American friends) with my F250 which was 51' in length in total. Race truck I had was also 35'+ as well. 45' isn't small as you say, but if you're going to jump in, then it's got to be the deep end.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #20

God to know. It's now on my CG list. Thanks.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:09 PM   #21

UK guy
Sounds like your used to large trailers so no problem . The only thing I would say is that CA campgrounds were built in the 50s and quite a few limit at 36ft and less .
Other states no problem
Old 03-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjnr View Post
UK guy
Sounds like your used to large trailers so no problem . The only thing I would say is that CA campgrounds were built in the 50s and quite a few limit at 36ft and less .
Other states no problem
Thanks for the tip.

Safe travels.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #23
KIX

Another CG in MOab that is NOT on the main highway and is big rig friendly is OK RV Park
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #24

I have read and heard that there are stickers, or "goat heads" thorns that are sharp and strong enough to puncture bike tires. Plan accordingly, to do what is the local solution in the way of tubes or types of tires.
sailwing2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #25

Quote:
We always stay at The Portal. One of our favorite places anywhere. But it's not in town, so doesn't fit the OP's needs.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:04 AM   #26

Portal RV Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileRick View Post
We always stay at The Portal. One of our favorite places anywhere. But it's not in town, so doesn't fit the OP's needs.
Looks great. Do you stay in the resort or camping section? Sure I've heard somewhere that those staying in the camping section are somewhat 2nd class citizens/always trying to sell plots, or is that someone exaggerating?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #27

Quote:
Looks great. Do you stay in the resort or camping section? Sure I've heard somewhere that those staying in the camping section are somewhat 2nd class citizens/always trying to sell plots, or is that someone exaggerating?
We stay in the resort. Very comfy and the dog park is the nicest we've seen and our dog loves it. Never had anyone try to sell us a lot. We've only gotten sales pitches when we stay at a Thousand Trails campground.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Archview campground, about 5 miles north of town is the only campground with direct access to the Offroad Trails. The others are all nice, but in town.
kirk7678 is offline   Reply With Quote