Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:06 AM   #1
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Motor coach lots for sale in southwest

We're very excited to have traded in our 5th wheel for our 2015 Coachmen Encounter coach. It's the coach of our dreams and we're looking forward to doing a lot of travelling in 5 years when hubby retires.

We had initial plans of moving near ABQ, NM because of my health. I need a moderate and dry climate. Buying this coach has changed our plans somewhat. Instead of looking for a house, we're looking for a site to purchase for winter months so we can travel during the summer.

We're not having a lot of luck finding much in the Southwest. we're looking for nice views and not parked on top of each other. And if it's land with hook ups, that's fine too.

We've googled endlessly, and wonder if we're looking at the right things. My favorite so far is Desert Shores in Ca, but hubby won't live in Ca, and it's a little cost prohibitive.

Any suggestions?

tnsauerkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats on your new lifestyle! You might try south Arizona, nice views and sunsets and not all of it is just desert. Some of the higher elevations in Arizona (flagstaff) and New Mexico (Taos) for instance can be pretty cold in the winter. I will be back if I find anything , we havnt lived there, we are in southern cal. The weather has been great here. But I hate the traffic.

Dances with wolves
Linda and Bob.
2015 Allegro33aa.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:33 PM   #3
Tiffin Owners Club
New Mexico for RVers

That's a start, in camping locations, at the top in the Google search, choose irv2 and then type in "best RV site in New Mexico" you will have plenty to read about NM,
Dances with wolves
Linda and Bob.
2015 Allegro33aa.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
Desert shores looks really nice , we are sort of considering a similar move , are they selling villas with pad to park Rv ? What are the HOA fees ?
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:37 PM   #5
Las Cruces, NM
frizzen is offline   Reply With Quote