Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #1

motorhome camping in Utah

My husband and I are interested in taking our 45' Monaco to the National parks in Utah the last two weeks of March, 2012. Do any of the campgrounds have big enough spots? What would the weather be like at that time?
MaryLyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
you might try north of moab on blm land if you boondock. weather is very nice .we go in march ride quads.

--------------------------------------
dan & cathy 07 8.1 fleetwood terra lx
teera travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
We have stayed at Zion River RV resort. Great spot and not far from Zion Nat Park. Had a great time and that was the last week of March.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #4

Wink Boondocking aroung St. George, UT?

We are headed towards s. Utah in early March ... seeking some boondocking/BLM land around St. George, anyone got any info? Needs to be somewhat level cause I got a heavy load. Thanks!
jagid123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLyne View Post
My husband and I are interested in taking our 45' Monaco to the National parks in Utah the last two weeks of March, 2012. Do any of the campgrounds have big enough spots? What would the weather be like at that time?
There are 2 or 3 RV parks just North of Moab. One is right on the Colorado River(Riverside Oasis) and one is before you get to the river(Moab Valley RV). Stayed at that one a few years ago. They both have web sites. Zion River Resort is expensive. Great local steak house in Moab--you can tell because of all the cars there.
cutrell01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If going to a National (or State or Core of Engineers) park with a 45'er...

Call ahead to make sure you fit (Or check with reserve america) I will be spending a week in a COE park next month, They have only a few sites my 38'er fits in.. Actually they have more than that.. but only a few they guarantee it will fit in and it's been too long since I've been there to pick a shorter site and lie about my rig (I fit in 28 foot sites as a rule.. IN SOME PARKS.. Including that one)
Old 02-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #7

Arches: no. The few campsites within Arches are too small.
Canyonlands: yes--at least down in the Needles. They have some long pads that I thought could take multiple RVs. I believe these are first come, first served. Close to the Island in the Sky is Dead Horse Point SP. Has electricity. Nothing in the Maze.
Moab has a number of "regular" RV parks that serve well.

Zions: Yes, Watchman CG (electricity and water). These are reserveable but go very fast. I think some are available on first-come first-served.
Virgin and Hurricane also have a number of RV parks that serve well.

Bryce: Not in the park. Likely cold with snowpack.
Capitol Reef:Not sure.

The weather in March will be variable. It shouldn't get too cold but I've been snowed on in Moab in March. It shouldn't get very hot (highs 60's-70's). Zions is much lower and will be very pleasant that time of year (highs 70's to 90's). Not sure about Capitol Reef. Personally, I wouldn't go to Bryce that early. I think it's near 8,000 feet.
Grant Lasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
You will have a hard time finding spots large enough inside any of the National Parks, there are a few but not many. You may find room in Watchman campground large enough for your rig but it is limited on sites with power if that is what your are wanting and much too unlevel for my liking. When we go to Zion NP we stay at Zion River RV Park and it is within minutes of the entrance to the park for the shuttle service.
Zion will be great anytime mid-late March but Bryce NP will be a little on the cool side being they are much higher elevation.

When we go to Bryce NP we always stay ar Ruby's Inn which is just minutes outside the Bryce park entrance.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagid123 View Post
We are headed towards s. Utah in early March ... seeking some boondocking/BLM land around St. George, anyone got any info? Needs to be somewhat level cause I got a heavy load. Thanks!
We are not as familar with St. George's camping areas as others but when we are in this area we like to stay at Valley of Fire between St. George and Las Vegas.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, motorhome