Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
Administrator Emeritus

I'm probably going to stop by here and take a look at several floor plans as well as a few of their resales and wondered if we have any iRV2 members who either are currently at Mount Olive or that have any knowledge of this park.

I'm leaning toward an rv port with at least one bedroom/bath.

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2007, 08:18 PM   #2
Administrator Emeritus

I'm probably going to stop by here and take a look at several floor plans as well as a few of their resales and wondered if we have any iRV2 members who either are currently at Mount Olive or that have any knowledge of this park.

I'm leaning toward an rv port with at least one bedroom/bath.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Two days and no responses! yikes
To get the ball rolling, I repeat what I said to you privately. I'd move to this place if the Florida legislature could get their act together on our property tax problem. Bob, you will not have this problem, being this is your first purchase in Florida. The problem is with folks like me who have owned their homes for a number of years. The state guys are working on it. It should be resolved in this session of the legislature.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:59 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
The wife and I stopped by and looked the place over about a year ago. Nice place. The only problem with this place, and most of the other simular places in Florida, is they are generally priced $60-$80k more than if you found your own property and built your home.

A friend of ours had purchased one of the properties at MOSN and priced a home. He thought it was overpriced and had an independant builder give him a price on building the same home on his lot. The builder came in close to $70k less than MOSN's builder. But MOSN does not allow anyone but their builder to build homes in their development. Our friend sold his lot.

None the less, it is a nice place. So is the Great Outdoors in Titusville.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks Terry!!

I'm in search of a location where I can have close to a "one day" departure from Florida.
I'm currently in the Juno Beach area where my brother owns a home, but if I want to attend anything outside of Florida from this far south,it's generally a two day evolution to get up and out of Florida, even the way I drive!!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:59 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I think one can say any new developer sponsored development is overpriced compared to the criteria Terry mentioned. It comes down to what a person's requirements are and the value placed on those requirements. Historically, buying a new home in any kind of development takes about 7 years to break even (on average and all other things being equal). For me price is a consideration but not the #1, 2 or 3 requirement. I know my lifestyle and what is required for me to be comfortable, feel safe, have neighbors with similar interests and have the ammenities I desire close by (read golf car close by). This person would choose the RV development every time.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:54 PM   #7
jmo

I have to agree with Terry on MOSN and other port communities. Researching I found we could build small and customize garage size so MH could be stored inside in many communities without restriction. Less expensively. I was gung-ho on port homes until I decided this made sense. Plus limited locations. FL, TX, TN I think. Citrus Highlands recommended the highest to me. You might check this out...last time I checked this was site:

www.rvatsilveroaks.com

Interested me as close to Gainesville. Quite rural for now but growing in that direction. Thought of it based on your out of FL quicker comment. Never could get price information nor find anyone who had actually seen it.

Let me know if you check it out.

Have fun,

Kate

jmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #8

A few years ago we too looked at Mt. Olive, Lake Ashton and a few others/. We didn't go for it for several reasons, oppressive heat, high humidity and trhe ever present threat of hurricanes.

Ultimately we decided on Crossville, TN where like FL we have no income tax, acceptable weather, reasonable utilities, i.e. elec. is regulated by TVA, annual registration on motor home is $24. There is an RV community in town which is generally duplex single story houses with attached RV garage with elec., water and sewer dump. Our concern there was resale where almost by design your market is another RVer. Instead we bought on the N. side of I-40 where we have a single story 2100 Sf house with attached 2 car garage. There are no restrictions on having an RV parked on your property and we like several others had a 20' X 50' garage built for the motor home. Not everyone here is an RVer so at resale we feel that we will have more of a market. Ken, '04 DSDP
Old 04-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks for your reply Ken, although I think your resale market would in fact be affected by that 20x50 garage since there's not likely another one on your street...
Old 04-24-2007, 05:21 PM   #10

Actually Bob ours is not the largest RV garage on the street, Ken...
Old 04-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

Never made it to MOSN as I decided to purchase an RV lot here in Juno Beach, FL near my brother who lives here....

Wanted to close out the topic as I had started it as a search....

The lot is 30 x 85 and is completely covered in pavers....an expensive option by today's standards!
100A service with water,sewer and cable included in the assessment.

(The coach is the current owners and will be removed by the end of the month....)

Old 04-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Looks nice! In a good spot also (area, wildlife...).
Old 04-28-2007, 04:26 AM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks Terry....There are some loggerheads around here whose size AMAZES me!

Now that I'm settling in one spot for the season, maybe I can get to know some of your original Boomer group...Would love to do that.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:19 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I had hoped to come up to meet and greet either this week or next, however, my wife went through major surgery about 10 days ago and she just will not be able to travel for a couple of more weeks. Eventually we will come up to see you when you are in town.