Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2015, 07:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by watt View Post
I looked at the campsite reviews on the KOA website. There is a Oct 12th review involving 7 guys who were warned on 2 consecutive nights and ejected on the 3rd for violating quiet time. Seems there is more to this story.

Yep, I don't normally stay at KOA's, but the OP just put this one on my radar as a potentially NICE place to stay!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2015, 08:20 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I like the ones that don't give a warning shot !!! They is quite ! lol
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:09 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Sounds like trying to hurt or bully someone else for not tolerating their bad behavior.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:31 PM   #18

Me thinks alcohol was involved.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #19

Maybe the OP was arrested since he/she hasn't been back to "tell the rest of the story".
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:40 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Let me tell you my experience along those lines as long as we're on the subject.

We traveled to upstate NY to visit my oldest Daughter and attend a Grandson's Graduation. She and her husband have a trailer on a permanent site in a pretty nice campground in the hills south of Buffalo, so we opted to stay there as well.

Upon arriving I entered the gate and immediately saw a problem. While there was an open field on the left, straight ahead the driveway split. It was new looking asphalt and one side went up a small hill to the office, while the other went straight ahead to the campground. Their was a sign just below the hill that said all campers to the left, or up the hill. Problem was the drive up the hill to the office was blocked with a do not enter sign. With no other choice i pulled into the other lane to the right and parked while my DW went into the office to confirm our reservations.

The clerk in the office advised my Wife that we were indeed supposed to pull into the open field behind us. I still had the car in tow and she said since I was blocking the drive I should just pull ahead past the restaurant to a parking lot where I could turn around. Okay.

As I pulled up to the restaurant there were orange cones blocking part of the drive leaving only a narrow corridor to pass through between them and the building. I very carefully negotiated my way between the cones and building, but the very rear of my awning caught a piece of rain gutter and tore it loose. I saw it in the mirror and stopped immediately and went back to check the damage. None to the awning, but the gutter was loose.

I got back into the motor home and was going to try and swing my rear clear when I heard this woman standing about twenty feet from my window calling me many different unflattering names. Four letter word galore. I had my 10 and 12 year old Grandchildren with me and they were hearing all of it. In fact my Granddaughter urged me to reciprocate.

I tried to explain what had happened but to no avail. Just more profanity. She finally asked me why I was there and I told her the clerk in the office had told me to turn around in the parking lot. She screamed that that dumb b.. was fired then. She told me to back out and I explained that I could not with the car hooked up. She screamed to not even turn my steering wheels as it would scuff her new asphalt. At that point I shut off my engine and said I wasn't moving until it was resolved. She went screaming towards the office.

In the office the clerk confirmed her instructions and was screamed at. Then she began berating me as being stupid and unable to drive an RV. Of course my DW. a Lawyer stood there and heard it all. After she ranted for a bit my DW politely embarrassed her with logic and she stormed out. In other words my DW stood up for me quite well. We never did see her again the entire week we were there.

Now I am at a loss what to do. She had ordered us out but not to turn our wheels. Finally her adult son showed up. He said that I should be able to pass through the parking lot and turn around by following him through the loop in the campground. We even took a golf cart and checked the route out first. I did as he requested and he then led us into the field where we set up with full hook ups.

I mentioned to the son that his Mother might just need blood pressure medicine and he suggested she needed Valium.

I later learned that she had screamed at nearly everyone in the large campground at one time or another. Also my Daughter and her husband had witnessed the entire scene and knowing me, decided that I could handle her quite well. Guess I did.

In the end we turned the damage to her building in to our Ins. and they paid to have repairs done. There was no damage to our unit.

This is just an example of sometimes the host is a little hard to deal with.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #21

I've stayed at this campground twice in the past two years and had several interactions with Jackie as one visit was a rally. My experience was totally different with her and the other campground employees so it would be nice to hear the other side of the story.
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:37 AM   #22
doc

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
Yup.

We usually try to avoid KOAs because of crowding and overpricing. However we have stayed at the one the OP spoke of. There are several permanents and/or seasonal campers there. We were there in the winter so may have been seasonals. We were visiting Mt Pleasant for a few days and this was the closest to were we wanted to be. Our site was lakefront with FHU and 50 amp. The staff we met were very nice (can't recall the names) but there were two ladies and a fellow who helped out. We got in late and they were very accommodating even if we got in after hours.
Hate this happened to the OP, but something just smells funny about the story
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:46 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
My husband and I worked at this campground 2 summers ago, our Carolina Campers group had an event there, and let me assure you if the OP was kicked out of the campground it is for reasons he declined to elaborate on. Jackie and Margaret are great, friendly, caring women and are more than fair. They do the job they were hired to do by the owners. The park has a quiet time and it is strictly enforced so that the families and folks that want peace and quiet are not disturbed. If you go to this park thinking you will party all night and bring your friends in, think again. I plan on contacting Jackie and asking her side of this, because the OP is definitely giving an inaccurate review of this park.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:48 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post

We usually try to avoid KOAs because of crowding and overpricing. However we have stayed at the one the OP spoke of. There are several permanents and/or seasonal campers there. We were there in the winter so may have been seasonals. We were visiting Mt Pleasant for a few days and this was the closest to were we wanted to be. Our site was lakefront with FHU and 50 amp. The staff we met were very nice (can't recall the names) but there were two ladies and a fellow who helped out. We got in late and they were very accommodating even if we got in after hours.
Hate this happened to the OP, but something just smells funny about the story
Doc, I don't know when you stayed, but the permanent campers with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 are no longer there and the park no longer takes in permanents. The do have a lot of snowbirds that stay there in the winter.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Can't paint all KOA's with the same brush. There are some very good ones out there. Check out the banner at the top of the - KOA Nashville looks pretty good to me.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:39 PM   #26

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We stayed at a KOA near Notre Dame because it was the only game in town. It was run by the gusto pro, required all guests to wear rust bands, no cars allowed to come back in at after 11pm, and on and on. I would never ever return. If you have ever seen Seinfeld think soup nazi, that who was running the place. At any rate I find 99% of KOAs to be no more then a parking lot with access to a pool and showers. More times then not I would prefer the local Walmart or Elks club over a KOA. The have the same business model, pull in off the road in the evening, squeeze into a spot and pull out in the morning.

Dan Callahan, North Jersey
2008 Fleetwood Excursion 40E
Freightliner, Cummins, Allison

It's not the Destination or the Journey
It's the Excursion
DebnDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:14 PM   #27

Mount "Un" Pleasant Response

All campers are advised at check in that quiet time is 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. for the benefit and comfort of all of our guests. You fail to mention that when I came to your campsite at 11:00 p.m. and again at 11:30 p.m. asking that you observe the quiet time guideline that you were drunk, argumentative, belligerent and abusive. This type of behavior is not and will not be tolerated. After you were gone from the campground, I was thanked by the camper in the site next to you as you had hit his truck with your car (observed by his son) and had been pacing threateningly in front of his site with your taser. We are perfectly ok with you not returning to our campground.

Jackie Jackson
Manager
Jackie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:17 PM   #28

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the facts on the OP's rant!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote