Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2015, 08:08 AM   #1

Mt "Un"pleasant SC KOA

Arrived at this KOA on Monday....read on. Nice park with large lake. HOWEVER.... Manager, Jackie Johns and her evil minion Margaret were the most unpleasant, unyielding, totalitarian excuses for management we have encountered in 7 years of RVing. We were ejected from the campground for simply being present at a site that violated the "quiet curfew". She was combative, belligerent and appeared to enjoy being the"bad cop". Zero people skills. We were informed, at 11pm, that our money had been refunded and were thus trespassing and law enforcement would be called if we did not leave. Upon visiting the office the next morning and encountering "Margaret" (she would not divulge her last name, nor the name of the campground owners to which we desired to appeal) she toed the management line. She was as unpleasant and unyielding as her boss, and informed me "I better get packing quick, cause if we arent gone by noon, law enforcement would be called and we would be charged with trespassing". To paraphrase Arnold Schwarzenegger "We WONT be back"
jwcgc629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2015, 08:15 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
What did they claim you did to violate the quiet curfew?
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:30 AM   #3

looks like they where visiting somebody that was makeing noise after hours
bulldog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:42 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog2 View Post
looks like they where visiting somebody that was makeing noise after hours
I get that and it does sound like a stretch to eject everyone on the other site but that sounds like a loud party if everyone was kicked out. Should be no surprise.

EDIT: Was there some warning that night?
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #5

iRV2 No Limits Club
Me thinks there is a lot more to this story not being said.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:56 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
My favorite RV KOA in Texas,,, they say be quite or get your ass out and the speed limit is 5 mph if you violate your car will be parked out on the hyway and you can walk... Nice peaceful place!
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:02 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
This review may actually backfire from what the OP intended. Sounds like this is a campground that would definitely appeal to those who appreciate a management team that toes the line on enforcing rules like quiet time...
Old 10-23-2015, 09:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
Me thinks there is a lot more to this story not being said.
Yup.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:18 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Why are you still there the next morning after being ejected?
Yes, sound like a park we would enjoy, nice and quiet.
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:41 PM   #10

The OP hasn't responded to anyone's posts, maybe he is just hitting multiple websites dropping unsubstantiated complaints just to stir up trouble! Otherwise, I would expect him to at clarify the situation by answering some of the query's.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcgc629 View Post
Arrived at this KOA on Monday....read on. Nice park with large lake. HOWEVER.... Manager, Jackie Johns and her evil minion Margaret were the most unpleasant, unyielding, totalitarian excuses for management we have encountered in 7 years of RVing. We were ejected from the campground for simply being present at a site that violated the "quiet curfew". She was combative, belligerent and appeared to enjoy being the"bad cop". Zero people skills. We were informed, at 11pm, that our money had been refunded and were thus trespassing and law enforcement would be called if we did not leave. Upon visiting the office the next morning and encountering "Margaret" (she would not divulge her last name, nor the name of the campground owners to which we desired to appeal) she toed the management line. She was as unpleasant and unyielding as her boss, and informed me "I better get packing quick, cause if we arent gone by noon, law enforcement would be called and we would be charged with trespassing". To paraphrase Arnold Schwarzenegger "We WONT be back"
OK....now please reveal the "Rest of the Story", sir. You were "simply being present at a site that violated the 'quiet curfew'." Really? Just simply being present? Odd. Pray tell us what happened to the other folks that also were just simply being present. Were they ejected too? And why were you simply being present at a site that you knew was violating the quiet curfew?

You may not see the value of quiet time at a crowded RV park, but many others certainly do. Believe it or not, there are a lot of valid reasons why curfew rules need enforcement. And every quality RV park I've been in over the years enforces them. And that's one reason they remain quality parks to which a lot of us folks return. By the words and phrases you used to describe the people and the events involved, it appears that there was much more going on here than you described. As I read between the lines, methinks that certain "attitudes" may have come into play. Probably yours. And it would appear that that may be the real Rest of the Story. FWIW...
Old 10-23-2015, 11:01 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mt "Un"pleasant SC KOA

I've stayed at a fair number of KOAs, I've workamped at some KOAs, and I've gotten to know a few owners and managers of KOAs. I know just what it takes to get yourself ejected from a KOA, because I've been there to see it happen.

In my ever so humble opinion, jwcgc629's opening post of this thread could well be nominated for a fiction award!

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12
'02 DS, FL, 3126, '04 Element
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:51 PM   #13

KOA

I am a long time camper I also avoid KOA over price and not My cup of tea . Have stayed at about 5 total bad elect.at post at one no shower hot water at a different one and I had asked is the shower water hot was told YES but it was cold as ice...and one park was snowed in and not plowed ...Thank God I have a 4x4 but that was fun plugging in the camper now I try to stay clear of KOA ...
Old 10-24-2015, 07:01 AM   #14

I looked at the campsite reviews on the KOA website. There is a Oct 12th review involving 7 guys who were warned on 2 consecutive nights and ejected on the 3rd for violating quiet time. Seems there is more to this story.