Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2019, 06:09 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenb12 View Post
Here is the first version.

Looks great!! Thank you!
Prontix is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2019, 06:35 PM   #198

Freightliner Owners Club
Great job. Another suggestion: Firestone Grill in San Luis Obispo and Bakersfield.

Nick
Old 03-27-2019, 06:41 PM   #199

Freightliner Owners Club
Great job. Another suggestion: Firestone Grill in San Luis Obispo, CA and Bakersfield, CA.

Nick
Old 03-28-2019, 07:40 AM   #200

Quote:

Thanks for taking this on. What do the numbers in the first column mean? You missed Up the Creek in Page Springs AZ.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #201
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Little Brown Hen in Florence, OR. Breakfast and lunch only. Cash/check only, ATM on site. Large menu for a small place. Just north of the bridge on 101.

Georgies in Newport, OR Restaurant Newport Oregon | Seafood - American | Best Top Rated The Seafood Diablo is a must have. You can park RV on the street just south of them, facing north. Easy in/out.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:01 AM   #202

Quote:
I have 11 pages in the spread sheet. 204 different restaurants.
Here's one to add:

Jocko's Steakhouse
125 N. Thompson Ave.
Nipomo, California 93444-9072
(805) 929-3686

Sun-Th 8a-10p
F & Sat 8a-11p

Jockos has been around for over 85 years... It's about 8 miles north of Santa Maria and a few blocks east off of the 101 freeway.
For me Jocko's in Nipomo and Pea Soup Andersen's in Buellton are a must-visit any time I'm passing through the area.
On my last visit to Jocko's I had the rib-eye steak, my friends had the new york cut, both were perfect, were over an inch thick.
The salads are great too. All steaks are grilled over an oak fire.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:23 PM   #203

I numbered the restaurants by the order I entered them so I go sort on that and return the list as it was originally entered. I am sure I missed more than one. I will keep adding the recommendations and repost after several have been added.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #204

Ditto on Boothbay area lobster. I’ve eaten fresh lobster my whole adult life, having New England my home. One of the best places for a huge lobster roll is Karen’s Hideway in Boothbay, ME. No hour wait in line and fresh, fresh, fresh. And she puts pineapple in her coleslaw, very refreshing in the summer.
Gladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:12 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvethereyet View Post
I do love some lobstah. Back in the 00's I had a new neighbor move in. Very very friendly guy. I told him we were taking the kid all the way up the east coast and would finish in Maine. He called me every day saying when you get up to ME you gotta stop in and see my mom. Every day I thinking why does he want me to stop in and see his mom. We are on a family vacation. He called me when we were in DC, Philly, Amish country, Boston and so on. Well he been calling for the last nine days. When we finally hit ME I tell my wife what is his mom's number. We make contact and she says we will have supper ready when you get here. Its late, it dark, but when we got there they had supper waiting. They told us where to sleep and Then they left. We will be back for breakfast. When we wake up we are on the rocky coast of ME. They come and make breakfast for us all and then invite us to stay for lunch. I say well we really need to get on the road. I and give my regrets. And then she says well you know we have a lostah boat and we were going to stream so lobstah. I think we can stay, I said. Good move. They mounded lobstah on the table til I could nt eat any more. The only time in my life I filled up on lobstah. Have another one. Yes ma'am. I will. Mind ya we stopped in, Glouchester Mass and the Lobster was $100 a plate. She has since died, but I will always remember what a great stop we made. We did nt make it to Acadia but we will make it there this year.
Our RV friends stopped to talk to some Mainers on a onite stop in PA many yrs ago. Turned out they live in the same little town in ME we go to every fall w 3-4 other couples. And the best part both of their sons were lobstermen.
We now call / email ahead and they save the cream of the crop for us and frequently deliver it to the house we rent or we meet them at the dock to pick our choice. We've had them for dinner many yrs and regard them as good friends.
Our friends have visited them while both snowboarding in FL.
RVers and boaters are a great bunch of people.
Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet!
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:17 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
You are right. In Texas BBQ sauce is a condiment, not an ingredient for cooking. As far as sweet it's about 50/50. Coopers is by no means sweet, more tart or vinegary, whereas Salt Lick is a little sweet with an Asian influence (the owner's wife). I prefer the vinegary sauce like Coopers but many of my friends do not. Very subjective even amongst us Texans, but not so on the 1st thought.
Agree and like Coopers a lot.
Also Red State BBQ near Lexington, KY does there's dry rub and you decide if you want to add any of about 6 sauce varieties.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:08 PM   #207

Quote:
very very nice.
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:11 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
Our RV friends stopped to talk to some Mainers on a onite stop in PA many yrs ago. Turned out they live in the same little town in ME we go to every fall w 3-4 other couples. And the best part both of their sons were lobstermen.
We now call / email ahead and they save the cream of the crop for us and frequently deliver it to the house we rent or we meet them at the dock to pick our choice. We've had them for dinner many yrs and regard them as good friends.
Our friends have visited them while both snowboarding in FL.
RVers and boaters are a great bunch of people.
Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet!
Maybe I am reading this wrong but where do you go snow boarding in FL?
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:13 PM   #209

Monaco Owners Club
Deals Famous Oyster House, Perry Fl. .. not fancy but some of the best country style sea food you will find anywhere.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:01 AM   #210

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Babes Chicken Dinner House in the Dallas area has the best chicken dinner PERIOD. Multiple locations

Babe’s Chicken in Carrollton, Texas | Babe’s Chicken Dinner House

"the Oilfield PAID me to retire, so I did" :-)
JNSNWT is offline   Reply With Quote