Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
Must see things in New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine

we are planning a trip through Vermont, new Hampshire and maine and wanted to know from those of you who have been there what are the must see things in those states. Appreciate your insights based on your experience.

Quincybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2015, 12:29 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
White Mountains in New Hampshire, very scenic. You can even drive to the top of Mt Washington if you want. There is also a cog railway to the top if you're more brave than I am.

Anywhere along the coast of Maine is pretty. Plenty of places to stop and have a lobstah or some ipswitch clams. Bar Harbor, Harpswell, Camden, Rockport to name a few. If you're into shopping Freeport has L.L. Bean.

Can't speak to Vermont. Never been there for any length of time.

Tom & Barb
Jack and Darby (4 leggers)
06 Monaco LaPalma 36DBD
Red Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
Would recommend Shelburne Museum in Shelburne,VT. We spent a full day and really enjoyed it. Also enjoyed Burlington as well.
Tom and Gloria
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35A, TOAD: 2015 GMC Canyon, Blue Ox Towbar, Baseplate and SMI Stay N Play
TomandGloria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Don't know how big your rig is, but the Kancamangus Hwy is very scenic.

Kancamagus Highway in NH: Welcome to the Kancamagus Scenic Byway!
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 35' - White Tiger
Cape Cod
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:52 PM   #5
Not sure if you want to cross the border, but Roosevelt's summer home is just over the boarder in Canada from Lubec, ME.
2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3742 - Gas
ACME Eze Tow Dolly
2008 Chevy Malibu Toad
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #6
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Von Trapp family (sound of music ) lodge and Cabot cheese in Stowe, VT. The Madison Boulder in Madison, NH. Camden and Bar Harbor, ME
Fran, Mary & Zoey (silver Cocker)
2006 Itasca Sunrise 35A, 2005 W-22, Allison 1000 5 speed
'13 Ford Focus ST or '10 Prius on Master Tow Dolly 80THD-SB or '00 Jeep Cherokee 4-down
Rockwood27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
YOU did not say when you are traveling. IN June second week BIKE week at laconia. Biggest and oldest Motorcycle event in the world. You have to like motorcycles however. Also rates are like trippled.
La Dagobago
99 36 FL Winne Chieftain 5.9 ISB Turbo Cummins DP, 24' box with 1972 V12 XKE Jag and HD Sporty Hobby of 1970's Suzuki dirt bike restoration. Visit my blog.
ladagobago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #8
Thanks for your help. on the kanacamagus hwy u mentioned not sure how big my rig is. It's a 35 ft class c, is it better to do it in a car and how long is the drive. Appreciate your insights. tom
Quincybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:56 PM   #9
Tiffin Owners Club
We are planning a similar trip. Lake George, Grand Isle VT north of Burlington, White Mountains, Maine coast from Lubec all they way down stopping at about 5 places including Bar Harbor/Acadia, Boston, Cape Cod then back home to NJ. Have never been to most of these places. taking about 6 weeks.
Randy & Sharon & Ella (terrier mix rescue)
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Ford Edge
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:43 PM   #10
Likewise thinking of a trip to Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire this summer
2015 Fleetwood Storm 28MS and 13 Honda CRV Toad
Blue Ox Towbar & baseplate SMI Stay N Play brakes
tim myers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:44 PM   #11
Will definitely subscribe to this thread
2015 Fleetwood Storm 28MS and 13 Honda CRV Toad
Blue Ox Towbar & baseplate SMI Stay N Play brakes
tim myers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #12
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not sure where you plan on staying in VT but I'll be happy to help you with destinations. Grand Isle itself has a state park CG. No amenities but a nice park none the less. Right on the lake so you'll have that. There are others in the area so if you find one you're interested please let me know. In the area is Shelburne Museum. A nice historical place. Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream plant in Waterbury. Montpelier is the Capital. Smallest state capital in the nation ..... that is the town it is located in. Fairbanks Museum in St.Johnsbury. I live in the northern part of the state so I am not real informed about the southern part of the state but I can certainly check into areas for you.
If you have friends who make you laugh, spend lots of time with them.
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 30B

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:24 PM   #13
Also worth mentioning that NH does not have a sales tax but does have excellent shopping. ;-)

N Conway area for the mountains and shopping.

VT - Apple Island on Grand Isle is very nice and in Passport America.

Maine - check out Pemaquid Point ME - lighthouse, very old settlement, Sherwood Forest campground.

Bath Me for the museum and boatyard. Even if all you do is drive by the boatyard it is interesting to see parts of a destroyer under construction. ;-))

If you are into Maine humah don't miss Moody's Diner.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:27 PM   #14
Lake Placid is much nicer than Lake George unless you like tourist trap attractions and factory outlet malls.
Bar Harbour is a must and Bar Harbour Campround is nice place to stay. Only accept cash, no reservations, first come first served but closest to Bar Harbour

2013 Tiffin Allegro 36LA OPEN ROAD
2012 Honda CRV AWD toad
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote