Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2018, 03:36 PM   #1

Myrtle Beach....?

With 229 posts here, I'm sure this has been addressed but I'm gonna throw a new one out. Leaving daughter's wedding in Asheville to a niece's wedding a week later in Charleston and was looking for a few places to kill some time. I thought Myrtle Beach would be nice as we love the beach. WOW...all the campgrounds are romper rooms it looks like. Some of them even warn you that kids rule and it will not be quiet or private. Any suggestions off the beaten path but not too far away. Brand new MH and don't have the toad system yet, so looking for somewhere close to something.
Funding Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #2

What about Hilton Head? The motor coach resort there is probably more your pace.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #3

Try Willow Creek RV Resort in Longs, SC. By the way, we were not impressed with Myrtle Beach, no plans to return but Willow Creek was excellent and I would return there in a heartbeat.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:25 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We do Myrtle Beach Travel Park. been going there every 4-5 years since the 90's. I little more low key...We get a site in the pine forest behind the pool area against the lake.

Being retired, we tried last year the 10 days after Labor Day. Was a lot less crowded, but got kicked out 2 days early because of the hurricane.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:33 AM   #5

Try myrtle beach state park. There are a lot of close by attractions. Wonderful park. Also Huntungton Beach State Park. More south on 17.
coachkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:45 AM   #6

this is the one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
We do Myrtle Beach Travel Park. been going there every 4-5 years since the 90's. I little more low key...We get a site in the pine forest behind the pool area against the lake.

Being retired, we tried last year the 10 days after Labor Day. Was a lot less crowded, but got kicked out 2 days early because of the hurricane.
X2 on this campground been there 2 to 3 times a year forever. Up against the lake on the ocean side is very nice. Big crab house restaurants very close.
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:17 AM   #7

Thanks for the input! Myrtle Beach Travel Park is it. Will call this morning. Busy but looks like lots of "away from the crowd" sites. Alligators love cheese puffs!!
Old 03-26-2018, 07:18 PM   #8

I'd personally skip Myrtle Beach area all together. Between bikers, drunk college kids, hoodlums, and screaming kids it's nothing but a headache and tourist trap anymore. I'd pull on down Charleston or anoth nice area to the south is Hilton Head. There are two resorts down there, both are really nice, and its much more peaceful and enjoyable.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I'd personally skip Myrtle Beach area all together. Between bikers, drunk college kids, hoodlums, and screaming kids it's nothing but a headache and tourist trap anymore. I'd pull on down Charleston or anoth nice area to the south is Hilton Head. There are two resorts down there, both are really nice, and its much more peaceful and enjoyable.
In some degree. I would not go to downtown Myrtle Beach. The downtown area is where all the lower priced hotels are and the night clubs. And we know what happens at night. Myrtle Beach Travel Park is actually in North Myrtle Beach. That area is just fine, more upscale condo's and restaurants.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:03 AM   #10

Beginning to think this is not the town for me. Even Myrtle Beach Travel Park has the mix of "permanent residents", mobile home area and zillions of little campers filled with jelly brain kids, all in a row. All the signs of entitlement and mayhem. I think we'll stop at a couple places along the way, then go on to Charleston a day earlier. I love kids but the older you get, the less tolerant you are to those that are not your family...and kids today, for the most part, have zero respect for anything. I've paid the price for choice. Super is correct...nothing but a tourist trap anymore...especially in June when we will be going through there. The entire beachfront is controlled by campgrounds or private properties.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:34 AM   #11

I. Agree! We have done fine at Beaufort sc and Hilton Head and Jeckel Island. Retired 2. Years FT. Make reservations! June is hard at the beach.
GBDTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #12

don`t know why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropthejacks View Post
Unless your going to sleep on the side walk down town I`m not sure what this guy is talking about.
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myrtle beach