Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We are currently camping at the Lakewood Family Campground with our local WIT Group the Palmetto Winnies.

We received a goodie bag when we got here ..... on the bag it says, and I quote, "Be Nature's Guest". Well that all well and good but they can can keep that welcome wish to themselves because you see they had over 1000 horses in here a week ago and there's "Nature" at every turn.

Talk about being somewhere at the wrong time!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #16

We stayed at Myrtle Beach Travel Park this spring and like it better tahn any place we've stayed Myrtle Beach. We wrote a detailed review that might prove helpful.

Myrtle Beach Travel Park | RV Treks: On The Road Again
Old 11-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roybhelton View Post
We stayed at Myrtle Beach Travel Park this spring and like it better tahn any place we've stayed Myrtle Beach. We wrote a detailed review that might prove helpful.

Myrtle Beach Travel Park | RV Treks: On The Road Again

Missy and Roy...Nice review on MBTP. We'll check it out as well as most of the suggestions mentioned above for future reference. Myrtle Beach sounds like a good repetitive destination. Thanks for the info. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:02 PM   #18

I'll be headed to mb new years we stay at ocean lakes they have bigger sites and concrete and I'll say concrete again what a difference.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
Nice review on MBTP. We'll check it out as well as most of the suggestions mentioned above for future reference. Myrtle Beach sounds like a good repetitive destination. Thanks for the info.
Bob, It's so good of a repetitive destination that we moved here.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We are at MB State Park right now. I wrote a review in the campgrounds section (green bar above under the picture). Short story is the price is great, the roads paved, sites dirt but large, some full hookups. Short walk to nice beach. No see-um mosquitoes bad especially at dusk.

We plan to check out Huntington Beach State park about 10 miles south before we depart in about a week.

Feel free to PM me if you are considering the SP.

Mark
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Mark, I sent you a PM. Thanks

DriVer...I dunno. I thinking I'm just a 'move' away from getting whacked with a frying pan. Moving a bit further north... might be a little easier on the nerves with the threat of hurricanes though. Gets somewhat worrisome.

Thanks for every one's comments. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just returned from Lakewood CG the 12th. You can catch a whif of the horse poop every now and then. I love the smell of horses. DW doesn't and it never bothered her that much. During the week the place was empty (practically).

They have a stay 3 nights 4th free or stay 5 nights 2 free special running. We were on 5001 which was only 50 feet from the indor pool and the beach.

$97 bucks for 4 nights if you can handle the occassional smell.

Dave
Old 11-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #23

We were at Lakewood last year during Horse week. Horses everywhere and we loved it....... word of advice though... don't eat the yellow snow..

I find the sites at Lakewood are larger then at Ocean lakes although OL are all pull thrus and as mentioned have concrete pads. I enjoyed being near the indoor pool with hot tub at Lakewood as it can get cool in Myrtle Beach this time of year.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
We are currently camping at the Lakewood Family Campground with our local WIT Group the Palmetto Winnies.

We received a goodie bag when we got here ..... on the bag it says, and I quote, "Be Nature's Guest". Well that all well and good but they can can keep that welcome wish to themselves because you see they had over 1000 horses in here a week ago and there's "Nature" at every turn.

Talk about being somewhere at the wrong time!
hey mike, are you saying that they had a horse rally there, THAT STINKS.( i'm the rv'er who rode the bike down from pirateland in october)