Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2015, 07:50 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Naples Motorcoach Resort

We have just returned to the Chicagoland area after a wonderful winter stay in Naples at the Naples Motorcoach Resort (f/k/a Signature) and it was beyond great! So much so that we bought a large lot and are going to build some nice outdoor living space on it. We met the most wonderful group of people. Tremendously nice, personable, kind...you name it! We feel like we've had a life changing experience and really look forward to being back next year.

If anyone is looking for a terrific stay in Southwest Florida, please take a look at Naples Motorcoach Resort. If you like nice, social people who are not snobbish or distant, this is the place. I wouldn't have believed our luck.

We intended to stay for a month, which we extended to two and then it was nearly 5 months before we had to leave for home. Naples MCR is now our true second home.

Also, the city of Naples is like few others. Beautiful, things to do, friendly people, great restaurants, beautiful beaches...you name it.

London Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2015, 08:04 AM   #2

it doesn't hurt when you also arrive in your new King Aire, right?!!
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:35 AM   #3

Not to mention the monthly rate. I had to check it out a couple times to make sure I was seeing correctly. A 6mo. stay is $20,000. That's not a typo. Holy canoli. I've stayed in a few really nice places that were pushing a $1,000 a mo. that had every type of ammenity you could imagine...Bbbbutt $3,000 per month makes a part of my anatomy pucker.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:43 AM   #4

Very nice resort looks like its worth the money. I'm sure they as some say are prejudice on what comes in.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:52 AM   #5

If I win the lottery I would consider staying there.

2012 Tiffin
Allegro RED 34QFA.....SOLD!
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Brian View Post
We have just returned to the Chicagoland area after a wonderful winter stay in Naples at the Naples Motorcoach Resort (f/k/a Signature) and it was beyond great! So much so that we bought a large lot and are going to build some nice outdoor living space on it. We met the most wonderful group of people. Tremendously nice, personable, kind...you name it! We feel like we've had a life changing experience and really look forward to being back next year.

If anyone is looking for a terrific stay in Southwest Florida, please take a look at Naples Motorcoach Resort. If you like nice, social people who are not snobbish or distant, this is the place. I wouldn't have believed our luck.

We intended to stay for a month, which we extended to two and then it was nearly 5 months before we had to leave for home. Naples MCR is now our true second home.

Also, the city of Naples is like few others. Beautiful, things to do, friendly people, great restaurants, beautiful beaches...you name it.

Just like the sales brochure says!
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:40 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
yes, indeed it's pricey versus some but comparable to (and in some cases less than) other similar class A resorts actually in Naples. I suppose it is the Naples factor. This year there was a variety of coaches and a few of the high end super-Cs that other class A resorts exclude from the get go. i did find the people to be down-to-earth and openly friendly and social. that's the factor that did it for us.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:43 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
it may be worth noting that we actually arrived in a 37.5' Winne Sightseer and only "upgraded" after being there for a month or so. we got more ribbing for the upgrade than we did with the more modest coach.

as to the brochure, this is a case of "truth in advertising"! unlike a lot of others you'll find! LOL!
Old 04-12-2015, 06:50 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Brian,
We're going back next winter and 2 other couples we made good friends with there are joining us as well. I echo all your comments. The main attraction for us is the people. Everyone is friendly and very nice.
Good luck with your project there. I know you'll do a great job! See you at the pool.
Ron & Kathy
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 04:11 PM   #10

RAMETS
Really sad part for me is I can't remember doing anything worth that much money, and the things I vaguely remember that could possibly be worth it, can no longer be done. Now I am worried that all the fun I've had (and thought I was having now) would have been so much better if only I had that kind of money.
Just kidding, fun is fun for rich & not so rich, and I am glad some folks found a great place with good people to share it with.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:37 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Hearthside Grove and Petosky Motorcoach Resort are phenomenal. Petosky is one of my favorite places in the US for a summer get away. The townsfolk have really maintained a lovely, charming, small town. Absolutely beautiful!

Old 04-12-2015, 08:31 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Naples Motorcoach Resort

Glad you like the Naples motor coach resort. Not my style at all. I bought an RV to get away, might as well own a condo in so Florida than there...

I spent half my life in south Florida, not for me, give me the mountains, fresh air, wilderness, and to get away!

I really don't like Florida, can't stand the humidity, bugs, crime, transients, and just about everything about it. Owned 8 rental homes there at one time, sold them all. Hope to never go back.

To each his own!

Cheers!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Glad you like the Naples motor coach resort. Not my style at all. I bought an RV to get away, might as well own a condo in so Florida than there...

I spent half my life in south Florida, not for me, give me the mountains, fresh air, wilderness, and to get away!

I really don't like Florida, can't stand the humidity, bugs, crime, transients, and just about everything about it. Owned 8 rental homes there at one time, sold them all. Hope to never go back.

To each his own!

Cheers!
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:03 AM   #14

for piece of concrete and warm weather, no thanks, i will take texas