Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV CAMPING FORUMS > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Natchitoches, La./Toledo Bend Campgrounds?

I am looking for some personal hands-on opinions of campgrounds close enough to Natchitoches and Toledo Bend. We have some friends that live at Toledo Bend we want to spend some time with. Plus the DW wants to see the Christmas lights at Natchitoches and we some business to take care of in Shreveport. I want full hookups.

I checked rvreviews for Many and Zwolle, but the reviews are old.

reubenray is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #2

We stayed at a north Toledo Bend State Park last year and it was a nice park.

Word of warning, it is quite a drive to grocery stores, walmarts, etc. so come prepped.

We drove to Nac from there and I think it was about 1.5 hour drive.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions

Old 11-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
We ended up booking at Cypress Bend. It is part of the Sabine River Authority and is a little closer to Many. Neither the South or North Toledo Bend parks have full hookups. I have yet to do a trip without full hookups and don't think I will. It seems like a pain in the a** to empty your tanks using the wagons.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #4

Dont be afraid of camping without sewer hookups. Most campsites that do not have sewer hookups have a dump station. We can stay for 5-7 days before dumping if we are careful with the gray water.
Dave1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:05 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
I have not done the dump station setup yet. My fiver black tank is only 28 gallons and it fills up in 3-4 days. I cannot see myself dragging a 200 pound wagon down the street to a dump station. Murphy law would hit me every way it could.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #6

Stayed just outside the Natchitoches city limits 3 days last week. Nakatosh Campground (318-352-0911), Hwy 6 at Hwy 49, exit 138, just West of Hwy 49, behind service station. Full hook up and pull throughs, small campground, clean and neat. Good Sams Campground at $30.62/night. Close to large truck service station, but noise was not an issue. Enjoy the beautiful lights, plus fireworks every Saturday night through Christmas.
Gary
Old 12-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
We did not get to camp this trip. I screwed up and crunched by truck while hooking up the fiver. So we stayed with our friends instead. While we was there we checked out several RV parks on Toledo Bend. The best one was North Toledo Bend State Park, but it does not have sewer connections. This one was so nice that I may have to bite the bullet and figure out how to do the dump station setup.

The rates was only $16/night and the spaces are huge with a picnic table, firepit plus a tent setup with a sand base. The dump station is up a hill and the wagon will have to be towed to it. I have until March to figure out how to do this willout Murphy's Law getting me stinky.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
We did not get to camp this trip. I screwed up and crunched by truck while hooking up the fiver. So we stayed with our friends instead. While we was there we checked out several RV parks on Toledo Bend. The best one was North Toledo Bend State Park, but it does not have sewer connections. This one was so nice that I may have to bite the bullet and figure out how to do the dump station setup.

The rates was only $16/night and the spaces are huge with a picnic table, firepit plus a tent setup with a sand base. The dump station is up a hill and the wagon will have to be towed to it. I have until March to figure out how to do this willout Murphy's Law getting me stinky.
It does suck that they do not have full hook ups, but you wont be disappointed at the park