Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2018, 06:42 PM   #1

NC daddy joes RV Park

So we got our new RV diesel pusher 38ft and going with the family this weekend to daddy joes RV Park for Father’s Day weekend....
they show lots and lots of activities over the weekend so we are very excited
Got a nice pull threw site, and has picnic table, fire ring , and full hook up

I’m bringing all of our bikes and lots of snacks and food etc.... maybe even our RC cars

My questions are kind of general about setting up etc , better ways to do it that you have found.

Any help at all is very appreciated
lmldura is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2018, 07:03 PM   #2

?????....
Old 06-14-2018, 08:52 PM   #3

Welcome aboard. You probably didn't get much initial response because your post is pretty general and not a specific question. There is a wealth of knowledge here but some of it you'll need to find via search and some with specific questions. I'm fairly new myself and have found this board to be a great resource.

I would start here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/newb...v2-201159.html

and once you have some specifics, ask away!
colorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:38 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here in the forum with us. You're gonna like it here.

Setting up and taking down camp is an ongoing leaning experience. Make notes of every thing you do and make a list. It will prevent you from forgetting something important. I have different check lists and use them all the time. I have one for arrival another for departure and a third for storing the MH. Even when you become an "expert" continue using them.

Just relax and have fun.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:30 AM   #5

My questions since I have never had a bus all in one diesel pusher

When I arrive should I let’s wife and kids get out, and then I set up? Keep them inside while setting up? Weird question I know just curious
Old 06-15-2018, 06:34 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Put the kids and wife outside. Dump your air and level the coach. Hook up electric, water and sewer. Then put your slides out and enjoy.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:51 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
My auto levelers won't try to work if the rig is a rockin'. Everybody, sit or out! And, I only have three jacks, so there's a lot of weight on the one front jack. I have 3 12"x12"x4" wood pads I put under the jacks to keep from denting or punching a hole in the asphalt I'm parked on. If you are running roof air off the genset while traveling, turn the roof air off and let them sit for 5 minutes while you connect to shore power, then restart the roof air if necessary. You do not want to start the roof air while its system is still pressurized. Do not switch from genset to shore (or vice-versa) with any moderate or significant electrical load, the less the better, less than 5 is my goal. Let your genset run for a few minutes without load before you shut it off.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:53 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Oh, and stuff will break. These rigs are pretty fragile, built of lightweight components and bounced along our crummy roads. Treat your rig with care and get good at fixin' stuff.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote