Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2007, 08:46 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Terry -

Thanks for the input on the Mercer KOA. Several of the Pond Piggies will be there for their free night weekend in May. It's good to know it's a good KOA. We'll especially appreciate the Amish selling their goods at the campground. That was one of our favorite perks at Whispering Hills that we miss now that they don't do that there anymore. We'll get our pastry fix at Mercer this year.

L

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2007, 05:08 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Lori,
Keep us posted on the pastry situation at the Mercer KOA. We are going to be there twice this year. Five days in August and another five in September. We plan on making a dent in their pastry supply.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:52 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Bill,
That KOA would be nice for being close to the outlets if you decide you have some extra cash and are looking for a place to spend it!!
Clothes are tax free in Pa.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:57 AM   #18

The KOA seems to fit our needs. I spent a bunch more time last night looking at other campgrounds in the area.

Can anyone give me advise on the following

Farma Travel Trailer Park in Greenville PA,
Shangri-la in Jamestown PA,
RosePoint Park in Portersville PA

From the websites they all seem to be fine but I don't trust websites

Bill Christoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:24 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Bill-

Dave & I have been to RosePoint Park. It's a decent campground, but nothing special about it. Grassy, small to medium sites that don't drain well & puddle if it's raining. The KOA sounds better based on other member's opinions.

L-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #20

Check out Shenango Recreation Area. It is run by the US Army Corps of Engineers and is north of Sharon, PA. You can reserve sites at www.reserveamerica.com I recommend COE parks. Level, big lots, good prices, quiet, swimming, hiking, etc.

I also recommend you check out www.pacamping.com. Select region 1. I have stayed at Rose Point. It's okay. Close to McConnell's Mills State Park. Good hiking, old fashioned grist mill at the bottom of the gorge. Bear Creek is beyond Rose Point (422W to 79S. Portersville Exit. This park abuts Moraine State Park. Swimming, hiking and boating. Large number of perm's, but they are seperate from overnighters. Avoid Cooper's Lake. Use to be family oriented and is now more about events.

Maybe I'll see you out that way this summer. I'm originally from Ellwood City, PA and used to visit Y'town and Boardman often. Still have family there and try to get back once per year.

Happy Camping
Marker365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marker365:
Check out Shenango Recreation Area. It is run by the US Army Corps of Engineers and is north of Sharon, PA. You can reserve sites at www.reserveamerica.com I recommend COE parks. Level, big lots, good prices, quiet, swimming, hiking, etc.

I also recommend you check out www.pacamping.com. Select region 1. I have stayed at Rose Point. It's okay. Close to McConnell's Mills State Park. Good hiking, old fashioned grist mill at the bottom of the gorge. Bear Creek is beyond Rose Point (422W to 79S. Portersville Exit. This park abuts Moraine State Park. Swimming, hiking and boating. Large number of perm's, but they are seperate from overnighters. Avoid Cooper's Lake. Use to be family oriented and is now more about events.

Maybe I'll see you out that way this summer. I'm originally from Ellwood City, PA and used to visit Y'town and Boardman often. Still have family there and try to get back once per year.

Happy Camping </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the information. A COE or state park would be fine except with little kids we would really like a campground with planned activities. Also, a POOL is a must (2 people going with us have lake phobias)

I was told by other people that Rose Point has small sites but lots of planned activities. If that is the case I think that I am going to go there since the KOA is around $20 more per night.

Thanks everyone. Any last opinions are appreciated. I will make sure to post where we ended up and how it was late in the summer after we get back.

Bill Christoff is offline   Reply With Quote