Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2017, 12:35 PM   #1

Need help planning Yellowstone trip!!

We have a 38 foot Class A and will be towing a Ford Fusion. I basically need someone to plan this for me LOL! Can we camp at Fishing Bridge with our car or our we too big?? The total length with car is around 58'. Any information or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! We are "newbies" and planning on going next May when our 2 boys get out of school. Thanks!!
skellner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2017, 01:15 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you're a member, Good Sam Website has a trip travel planner showing stops and campgrounds along your route.
Also, check out the Yellowstone trip from Long Long Honeymoon....

Have fun planning!
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellner View Post
We have a 38 foot Class A and will be towing a Ford Fusion. I basically need someone to plan this for me LOL! Can we camp at Fishing Bridge with our car or our we too big?? The total length with car is around 58'. Any information or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! We are "newbies" and planning on going next May when our 2 boys get out of school. Thanks!!
Call the Xanterra reservation line and they can tell you if your rig will fit the sites. I don't think that Fishing Bridge has a total length restriction. Call early though as Fishing Bridge fills up quick. You might consider Grizzly in West Yellowstone as an alternate. In early May you may have trouble with some roads not being opened yet.
Papa Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:40 PM   #4

Good info here on the park and routes into it.

Road to Yellowstone

If you relatively new to rv'ing, I'd recommend the south entrance. Besides, Jackson and the Tetons are worth the trip.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:46 PM   #5

Fishing springs is perfect, been there a few times!! I have a 37 Pusher pulling a toad. No problem. Go to the lodge for dinner!!
Mark2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

If you go strictly by the groups they have posted you fall into to 40' and less not counting the car.
May 2018 is pretty booked up at Fishing Bridge already. I know others have talked about cancellations there but I had no luck this year and had to play it safe so I booked at Grizzly RV park in West Yellowstone.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:52 PM   #7

Just went back and checked. The south entrance opened on May 12th this year. I hope you're planning for the end of May...
Old 08-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #8

We went a couple years ago (3-adults & 3 children/teenagers)..

We stayed at Flagg Ranch.. It was nice.. especially if you want to piggy-back a visit to the Tetons or Jackson Hole..

Good luck.. it's an awesome trip..
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:26 PM   #9

So did you stay here instead of Yellowstone? I found a reservation at Yellowstone in Madison campground but theres no hook up
skellner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:37 PM   #10

Quote:
So did you stay here instead of Yellowstone? I found a reservation at Yellowstone in Madison campground but theres no hook up
I'm assuming this was directed at me..

Yes.. we stayed there.. and while its not technically inside the park, its only about 3 miles from the south entrance.. I think it's considered part of the larger Grand Teton/Yellowstone NP system.. we only paid the one time for both parks..

Hope that clarifies !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:07 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
We generally stay on the west side of Yellowstone. We prefer Baker's Hole, a first come/first serve campground that has some electrical hookups and room for a few big rigs. Our second favorite is Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone. The only reason Grizzly is one spot down is just due to its cost since it is a gorgeous full service campground that I highly recommend. The advantage of the west side is that you have access to both the animals and the thermal features. Both are concentrated in the north end of the big figure 8 road through the park. The Tetons are lovely, but you generally see more animals in Yellowstone.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:15 PM   #12

At Fishing Bridge your car would be parked next to you, not in RV space so the site size is for the RV.

Flagg Ranch is too far to leisurely tour all of Yellowstone. Fishing Bridge is more centralized.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help