Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2006, 10:28 AM   #1

We had been planning on making a trip to Morro Bay SP but have not been there since their "re-model". I understand that the driveways are now paved and the website lists driveway limit at 35' but have heard from others with 30-32 ft rigs that it is possible to get a bigger rig in.
Does anyone have recent info on the CG and if I can get my 40' Alpine in.. I know I cant get a hookup site but boondocking would be fine.
I love the Morro Bay SP CG and would love to continue being able to go there.

hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2006, 10:28 AM   #2

We had been planning on making a trip to Morro Bay SP but have not been there since their "re-model". I understand that the driveways are now paved and the website lists driveway limit at 35' but have heard from others with 30-32 ft rigs that it is possible to get a bigger rig in.
Does anyone have recent info on the CG and if I can get my 40' Alpine in.. I know I cant get a hookup site but boondocking would be fine.
I love the Morro Bay SP CG and would love to continue being able to go there.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:16 AM   #3

Pull up their website and get the phone #. I called a few months ago to see if my 36' Alpine (really 37') would fit, and the ranger told me they have a couple of larger sites, but that it was first come first served. He suggested staying at the park on the beach just north of Morro Rock for the night if a large site was unavailable, and maybe something would open up the next day. He said the beach park actually would rent a "double" site to accomodate a large rig. Haven't tried any of this yet, but I will. I think I'd call again if I were you just to double check on what I was told. Good luck, and please report back to tell us how it goes.

Rick Coleman
Old 12-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Hugh,

Patty and I have driven through the SP scoping it out . They have remodeled a great deal of it. We though it would hold our 36' in about eight or ten campsites. Not real sure about the extra 3 feet. The roads are narrow and the sites are also narrow, so it would take some jocking to get into a site .

I'm with Rick, I'd have a back up place to stay and then go over in the AM and grab something . I doubt you would have trouble in finding a spot mid-week. Check out this site for RV parks in Morro Bay http://www.californiarving.info/cent...%20camping.htm
Old 12-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #5

If you get into Morro Bay State Park, which I believe you can do without too many problems look up Anthony and Karin, they are camphosts there till spring. Good people.

If MB State Park can't accomodate you, highly recommend Morro Strand RV Park on Atascadero road. A new park within walking distance of the beach and a few local businesses.
Jim Gehlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:25 PM   #6

Thanks all for the input. We hope to get up to MB after the Desert Rat Rally in Quartzsite. Will keep Morro Strand in Mind if we cant get in the SP. Since we usually go midweek we hope to get in and find a larger spot.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:50 PM   #7

We can vouch for Morro Dunes Travel Trailer Park and Resort CG, 1700 Embarcadero (Hwy 41), Morro Bay, CA 93442, Phone: (805) 772-2722. The beach is right across the street from this park.

We spent 2 weeks there right after Easter this year and love the place. Good golf is within easy drive... of course the Muni course is closer to MB SP, but other than that one, no course is more than a 30 minute drive (no pun intended).

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
There you go Paul, talking about my golf game . You said you wouldn't tell

Is Morro Dunes downtown or is it the one just off of Hyw 41 from the north when you come into town, going under Hyw 1?
Old 12-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #9

Tom,
Thats the one, I have always opted for the SP because of the trees, Municipal golf course and location close to the bay for putting in my Kayaks

http://morrodunes.com/frames.html

Old 12-07-2006, 04:01 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club

Hugh, Where do you carry your kayaks? If they are inflatable do you like them? Patty wants a boat or kayak/canoe, but we have a convertible PT...no roof rack
Old 12-07-2006, 08:04 PM   #11

Tom,
that is a problem for me now. My last MH was a Bounder and I had installed racks on the roof that I could hoist the Kayaks up and down to. Since the Kayaks are pretty light it really wasnt a problem. With the new MH I doubt that I will be putting a rack on it and since the tracker is a rag top I cant put a rack on it. I have been thinking of getting a Yukon to replace it and the racks will easily go on it.
I have never tried to Inflatables since I often use the Kayaks as a Scuba platform (holds two tanks with all the gear) or just a fishing platform

Old 12-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Hugh,

I was looking at your past posts. If you haven't been invited yet, be sure to check out the "Alpine So Cal RV Club" http://www.alpinesocal.com/.

We have rallys planned for the first part of next year.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #13

Tom and Patty,
We just sent off our so cal membership and our registration fees for the DRR at Quartzsite. Had to wait until we got our FMCA and ACA membership numbers before we could send off the So Cal membership. Plan on being at the Las Vegas Rally and the Hemet Rally which is just 20 minutes from us... Hope to meet you at one of them!