Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2014, 11:17 AM   #1

Need Overnite Recomendations on Hwy 81, NE

I'll be traveling thru NE via hwy 81n from TX to SD and would like to stop overnight at a city or county park close to hwy 81. Can you recommend a place that would work for this trip?
Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Google "RV Park Reviews" and just locate a city on the route, check for campsites.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
This place is just outside of Columbus, NE on hwy 81. We have stayed here and it has always met our needs.

http://highway81rvpark.m.webs.com/
Old 07-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #4

You didn't say what part of NE might be your preference, we really like Hwy 81 and have stayed at several parks along the route. We've stayed in Stromsburg at Buckley Municipal Park, it has elec hookups, water & dump available, used be free for 3 days, they take donations. In Osceola there is a city park "across from Terry's drive in", N on State St, then E, N of railroad tracks, free. In Norfolk there is Ta-ha-zouka Municipal park, $10 w/elec, 22034 S. 13th St, near Elkhorn River.
If you like to stay in city/county parks, you might get Don Wright's Free Campground books, available on Amazon. We've found many free & low cost campgrounds in them (usually under $15)
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:10 PM   #5
5er

x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by missourijan View Post
You didn't say what part of NE might be your preference, we really like Hwy 81 and have stayed at several parks along the route. We've stayed in Stromsburg at Buckley Municipal Park, it has elec hookups, water & dump available, used be free for 3 days, they take donations. In Osceola there is a city park "across from Terry's drive in", N on State St, then E, N of railroad tracks, free. In Norfolk there is Ta-ha-zouka Municipal park, $10 w/elec, 22034 S. 13th St, near Elkhorn River.
If you like to stay in city/county parks, you might get Don Wright's Free Campground books, available on Amazon. We've found many free & low cost campgrounds in them (usually under $15)
I agree with Missourian. The Stromsburg park is REALLY nice! Ta-Ha-Zouka in Norfolk (I used to live there) is nice too. I don't know about Osceola, however. The Norfolk park was renovated just a few years ago with new cement pads. They offer electricity at each site, which is pond adjacent. There is a dump station, and I think there is a source of potable water to fill your fresh water tank at the check-in station.
5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #6

Thanks folks, lots of good info I can use. I use 81 often and this is a help for sure. I really don't have a specific area that I need to be as I can drive a little more or less depending where I will stop for my rest and relaxation.
I usually drive from Tx thru OK and stop someplace in Kansas and then again in NE for a spell. But now (armed with the info you provided) I see I should spend more time while traveling to see the cities that I stop in and enjoy the local areas. Rt 81 seems to have some nice looking little towns worth exploring.