Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #1

New CG eastern TN

After the TRVN rally in Sevierville we heard about a new CG about 25 minutes away called Anchor Down. It has only been open three weeks. The attached picture is from our site up on the hill.
Only down side is that the pads on our site are not level side to side, still doable.
Owner said they would provide leveling pads for anyone requesting them. We did not feel it necessary.
Any one near the Sevierville or Gatlinnburg area who wants a view, this is the place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	60182  

Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Is Anchor Down rental only or one can purchase a lot?

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #3

Great looking place!
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We drove by there last Friday for a look-see. The place is simply beautiful, views of the lake and Smokey Mountains in the background are just beautiful. The office personnel advised me that the lots are rental only, no sales planned. Now the down side to me - and it is only a down side to me, but I will share it. The campground looks to be geared toward towables. Although the views are breathtaking, many are rather short for larger coaches (40'+ with a toad). Almost all are back in (location of utilities) so the magnificent views will not be seen through one's windshield. However, for towables, it's a perfect spot. Years ago when I had my 5th wheel with the large rear window and recliners I would of been in heaven looking out at the view there, but for a large MH I'm not sure the spaces are laid out for me as much as they are laid out for towables. And there is NOTHING wrong with that, just us MH people don't get the views as well. Again, a beautiful place...
motorhomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #5

What a shame they didn't think about coaches. St Rosa RV Resort in Navarre, FL is the same way. There they plan on making some number of their waterfront sites both pull-in and back-in.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Carolina Campers
We were there a couple weeks ago and it's geared toward everyone! There were all classes there the weekend we stayed and most were high end A's, including us. The owner wants to create a place that everyone can enjoy resort wise. Most places I've seen like this are A only. I do know that he is not renting yearly. He wants to keep it an RV park and not a trailer park. I highly recommend it and we're headed back in August.

Gil, you could easily fit in several of the spots.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #7

May need to check this out soon.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #8

Looks nice...but it's a tad pricey. Location, loc.... Or is this the new 'norm'?

New RV Resort, Breathtaking Views, Fireplaces, BathHouse, STAY WITH US

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB2 View Post
We were there a couple weeks ago and it's geared toward everyone! There were all classes there the weekend we stayed and most were high end A's, including us. The owner wants to create a place that everyone can enjoy resort wise. Most places I've seen like this are A only. I do know that he is not renting yearly. He wants to keep it an RV park and not a trailer park. I highly recommend it and we're headed back in August.

Gil, you could easily fit in several of the spots.
It's not whether my rig will fit, it's why pay for a view when you need to pull in to take advantage of it. Here, I would opt for the back-in sites opposite the view, so I would actually have a partial view.

As for whether my rig will fit, there data doesn't even list site lengths. It appears to be a beautiful park, it just seems obvious they will have some growing pains.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #10

A little more info: we stayed there in a 42 foot Phaeton the there are lots of spots that will accommodate up to 45 foot easily. There are two sites on the hill that have long driveways and could probably accommodate a 60 foot rig without unhooking.
Yes it would be nice to have some pull ins but that is minor compared to sitting out under the awning or around the fire pit and enjoying the view.
The fire places that are on some sites are a work of art. Each one is different and beautiful.
We will definetly be back next year.

Selah is offline   Reply With Quote