Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #15

They really should send this to someone who has a say in NJ. Even the nicest place in NJ is just so so compared to MD, VA campgrounds. They really need a real waterfront campground, not just dirty lakes with man made beaches.

2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coming from someone who lives in New Jersey I think your best bet is to go to Maryland / Delaware aka the DelMarVa peninsula. My opinion is that the campgrounds in the Jersey shore are are overpriced and outdated, again my opinion compared to what we have experienced in other states.

Are you looking for "oceanfront" or a couple of miles away? State campground or private resort ?

Also after visiting Cape Cod in Massachusetts last year that also could be a possibility.

So if you are open to Delaware / Maryland or Virginia I can help you. Let me know if you prefer State or Private.

Hope this helps and let us know....

Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:32 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug512 View Post
Also after visiting Cape Cod in Massachusetts last year that also could be a possibility.
Noooooo! Don't go to Cape Cod. It's terrible here!!!
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplante4 View Post
Noooooo! Don't go to Cape Cod. It's terrible here!!!
Oh.. We loved it. So glad the campground said arrive and depart during the week and NOT on a weekend.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:51 AM   #19
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I lived in Va. we camped on many beaches including Maryland, Virginia, and the Carolinas. Go to the Outer Banks!!! There are miles and miles of beaches with no one on them. It is absolutely beautiful there as well. My favorite place is Cape Hatteras.
2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:55 PM   #20

Help Bug152,

Yes, we're now considering Maryland/Delaware beaches. Would prefer right on the ocean, either private or state park. I would really appreciate any information you can provide. Thank you.

Rose
Old 02-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #21

Sorry, typo, Bug512.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:24 PM   #22

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Born and have lived my entire life in NJ and RVing most of my life. NJ is definitely not RV friendly. As to the proposed campground in Wildwood the locals killed the proposal. They didn't want a "trailer park" in their town. Most of the people with issues are just uninformed and have no idea what an RV is like today. They think booze, drugs, domestic fights, etc. I have been on a solo mission for a decade to have an RV park built in the meadowlands, what is now known as the American Dream development. Excellent access to NYC and other local attractions including the American Dream development and adjacent stadium. Right now if you want to visit NYC the only local option is a disgusting parking lot in Jersey City... Not exactly ideal...

Dan Callahan, North Jersey
2008 Fleetwood Excursion 40E
Freightliner, Cummins, Allison
It's not the Destination or the Journey
It's the Excursion
Old 02-28-2015, 06:07 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rp1955 View Post
Help Bug152,

Yes, we're now considering Maryland/Delaware beaches. Would prefer right on the ocean, either private or state park. I would really appreciate any information you can provide. Thank you.

Rose
In Delaware this is the only one I am aware of that would work with a RV, "Delaware Seashore State Park" Link here

I personally have never been to it but some of our best friends have and liked it a lot. Sine you are on the ocean you are not going to have large lots since real estate is at a premium. Let year they made major improvements and additions to this park so I bet it books early.

RV Park Reviews Link

We will be staying at Killens Pond State Park in May and hope to take a ride down there to check it out. We also hope to stay there in the future.

Hope this helps a little.

Tags
campground