Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

New Orleans

Our first trip to the Big Easy and we're staying at a great location only a few blocks from the French Quarter. It's called the French Quarter RV Resort. New and very well done but pricey at around $70 but they accept Passport America for one night.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to the BIG EASY. The French Quarter RV Resort is very, very nice. And very convenient to all of the down town attractions. Just be careful of where you go especially after dark. Stay on main streets do not take any short cuts. Be aware of what is going on around you at all time. Hope you have a good experience and enjoy yourself in our city.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks much for the welcome. We're really growing fond of your wonderful city. Quite a fairytale story with the Saints. Gotta love the spirit.

I've been suffering from the Bourbon St flu today but feeling better by the hour so I can answer the bell again tonight...

Thanks too for the advice on safety. Big cities are big cities.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 03-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
What you need is the "Hair of the Dog That Bit You". If you can't hang with the Big Dogs you have to get off the Porch. You have to try harder to be a " WHO-DAT". And remember more than 2 people walking in a row is a Parade.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Turns out that you were right about the hair from that dog. DW dragged my butt down to the Riverwalk to shop this pm. Cheeseburger, fries and two cold beers did the trick. Problem is, so many dogs bit me last night I couldn't find enough hair but it helped a lot!

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 03-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
That is why there are so many short hair dogs around here. To many mornings after. Have a good time.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Yes, New Orleans is very unique. Probably the most great eateries in the country. Very similar in composition to San Francisco yet with an entirely different make up of peoples that "made" N.O.. Yugoslavs, Czechs, Italians, plus the Creoles and a bit of everybody else. Mostly the seafood industry was developed by the slavik people. Viscovich, Popich, Jurrisich.... all well known names in N.O. HOWEVER, crowned with 4 generations of welfare recipients has done nothing to aleviate the crime rate, which is rampant. But I still love it, too. Lived there for over 17 years.
"Lessez bon temps roulet"

Jim '03 Alpine
Old 03-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ricko, if you are ever in the Lafayette area we have a great RV Resort, Cajun Palms. Check out our web site. www.cajunpalms.com, located in Henderson, I-10 exit #115 then north 1/2 mile.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore View Post
Ricko, if you are ever in the Lafayette area we have a great RV Resort, Cajun Palms. Check out our web site. www.cajunpalms.com, located in Henderson, I-10 exit #115 then north 1/2 mile.
That place looks pretty nice. I've saved it and will stay their when we visitmy sister who lives nearby.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm at site 159, look me up if you make it down here.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #11

We stayed at St Bernard a couple of nights last fall and I would recommend. Nice level parking on asphalt and the spaces are pretty far apart.

CRT - Louisiana State Parks Fees, Facilities and Activities

To get to the French Quarter, we took the free ferry across. Of course parking was not free.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
offshore,
We'll be in site 108 for the Crawfish festival 4/29 - 5/2. If you'll be there then, stop by for a visit. Bar will be open.

historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote