Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2016, 01:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by micd View Post
I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. 6 positions is 6 total, including the front. There are two on the forward facing seat of the dinette, 2 on the sofa and two for the front seats. The dinette may have a sign on the two rear facing seats saying they aren't meant for occupation while moving.

On our current RV one of the seats has this sign because the furnace is under the bench seat and therefore no seat belt. I don't know what the set up is on the ACE. But it is something you should look into for almost any RV your looking at. Some don't have any seat belts at all beyond the front 2 but those are much smaller RVs. I know the sofas are never approved for child seats (don't know if any of your kids are still in them) because of the side sitting position.

Previously there was another large family like yours looking at RVing and the seat belt issue was a concern. I believe they ended up getting a towable so the entire family could ride in a vehicle with seat belts on.

Thank you Micd! Luckily, my kids are out of car seats (13-6 age range) but nonetheless, need to look into the seatbelt issue. As far as a towable, that would defeat the purpose I am trying to get at as 7 people in even the largest truck (we have an expedition EL) is still quite tight.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2016, 02:31 AM   #16

FWIW you will want a mix of places to stay depending on why you are there. With your crew you will be dumping daily and probably wanting to be close to the shower facilities. If you are stopping for the night cheaper places like the parks work well if they can otherwise accommodate you. If you want to do a destination where you can relax and the kids keep busy the resort type places may give you that kind of opportunity. It partly depends on how much freedom you give the kids. They can also be a break from a long drive.

FWIW big metro's like NYC and DC are difficult with a motor home. One cannot get close enough to camp let alone drive into them with an expectation to park. Other places like Niagara Falls have parking and shuttle services so it would not matter what you drive in with. You will need to do some research and probably do a minivan rental for a day depending what you want to do.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by seussg111 View Post
Thank you Micd! Luckily, my kids are out of car seats (13-6 age range) but nonetheless, need to look into the seatbelt issue. As far as a towable, that would defeat the purpose I am trying to get at as 7 people in even the largest truck (we have an expedition EL) is still quite tight.
You might want to post a question in the general discussion forum asking if anyone knows of an RV with 7 seat belted positions. The depth and breadth of knowledge on this forum is amazing.
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:38 PM   #18

Many people drive two separate vehicles for various reasons.

One of you could drive the motorhome and the other the vehicle you have. Split the kids up and rotate as you travel. You can't sitesee in a RV easily so you'll need another vehicle anyway.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:00 PM   #19

Was looking at floor plans tonight and saw that the Winnebago Vista 31BE has 7 seatbelted positions. The floorplan looks to be very nice!

http://winnebagoind.com/products/cla...sta/floorplans

micd is offline   Reply With Quote