Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
Tiffin Owners Club
Niagara fall campgrounds

I would like to see Niagara falls in July. Does anybody know a campground
That is a close drive from Niagara falls and Down town new York

Mirbigfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When wife and I got married we pitched out tent in the Grand Island KOA, prehaps 30 minutes from the falls. (You cross a toll bridge to get there) of course not everyone likes a KOA. At the time there was an amusement park next door by the way.

My last trip we popped up our PUP in a membership campground the name of which I no longer remember. They violated several Coast 2 Coast rules. that I do recall, however I made no complaint as I was rather pleased with the site I got. One of the rules is they picked the site, (They are not supposed to do that but considering when I arrived, I kind of liked that too).

It was a nice park too.

There are others, Just google camping niagra falls for a list.

Oh, the week of our honeymoon.. It rained, often, but for some reason only when we were in the tent. I bought a commuter pass for the toll bridge, it was less expensive the number of crossings I made.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would like to think that you might want to visit the Canadian side when you are in the area, and there are some great campgrounds there. The one most recommended that we have used many times is the KOA, Lundy's Lane, Ontario. Its a short drive down town Niagara Falls Ontario, and very well located for other great tours like Niagara on the Lake, and all the wineries on the Canadian side. Most visitors will tell you the Canadian side is much nicer to visit, so staying there makes sense. You would need a passport or a passport card to get back into the US after.
Children under 16 do not need a passport, only an original birth certificate I believe.
Vice President Operations
Family Campers & RVers
2003 Georgetown 346DS Ford F53
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I haven't been to NY state since the 60s. I don't remember any RV parks then, just a few Army camps. But when I was there the Falls were about 400 miles from Downtown NY City. lol
04 Horizon QD, 12 Ford Flex, Excalibar, Brake-Pro, ,, Winter Texan, RVin! since 1974
Norm, Donna & Tinker Kat 74 MGB-GT, 75 MGB, 01 Z3
Life is a Timed Event, you only get One Go Around!
rgvtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
We went to Niagra Falls last August and stayed at 4 Mile Creek State Park on Lake Ontario. Park is about 30 minutes or so north of the Falls and very easy direct route down to Niagra State Park adjacent to the Falls. No camping there but does provide quick and easy access via bike path - which we used - to go to the falls. Easier than making the drive to paid parking at the falls. State park was very nice on the lake. No swimming at the park but there are waterfront sites. We stayed at north end on other side of the road from the lake. Not sure you could get reservation now for lake front but worth a try. Very quiet park with large sites some open and many in the shade. Recommend the north end of the park.
Chris and Anne
28' Minnie Winnie
chigginsct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
If you want to see the falls from NY City then you have to stand tippy toes on top of the Empire State Building and hope that there's not a thick smog layer. The best view of the falls is from the Canadian Side because from the American Side all you see is the side of the falls.

I just park my rig in my aunt's yard on Lawrence Ave. whenever we go to the falls so I don't know where the campgrounds are located. Whatever side you plan on visiting please take in the other side as there are really great things to do both sides.
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #7
X2 on Four Mile Creek State Park, big sites, nice bathrooms & showers, play areas for kids and only 15 min from Niagra Falls.
Jan & Thomas
2012 Drv Mobile Suite
2012 Ford F350 Super Duty
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We stayed at the Grand Island KOA. Won't stay there again.

It was just under $100 a night when we were there a few years ago. They put me in a mud puddle between a long term resident and another run down RV.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Niagara Heartland RV Park, Gasport, NY.
Passport America - under $20 a night.(Must be a Passport America member) Electric deposit. Nothing much to speak of except peace and quiet. About 30 miles scenic drive to Niagara. We have stayed there 3-4 times when we go through that area. Lockport is close by with the Erie Locks. Small Lake(pond) with swimming beach on-property.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar
X3 on 4 Mile Creek....
2008 Jeep Sahara '4Dr"
Ronnie Bledsoe
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We stayed in North Tonawanda on Niagra falls blvd. small rv park. Can't remember name though. It was inexpensive and 10 minute drive to falls.

2004 Monaco Monarch
Blueox, SMI, 1990 Wrangler YJ
mfire1339 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:56 AM   #12
we also stayed at 4 mile creek. great park ,big and clean. you will also save on parking fees(10.00 ) each day at the falls, with your state park registration sticker. our grandkids loved being able to walk down to the beach on lake ontario, and taking a dip in the water. its only a easy no traffic 15 minute drive to the falls.
'08 33' Windsport Ford 22k towing Ford Focus SE
billyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
Damon Owners Club
We stayed at the Campark Resort in NIagara Falls on the Canada side. Great RV Park and is close enough to get where you want to go.

The Canadian side is much nicer than the US side...
Sean & Eddie
2007 Damon Tuscany 4055
Koa the puppy
The Woodieboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I'll 4-X on 4 Mile Creek State Park. The other poster (Chigginsct) said 4 mile was like 30 minutes away. I kind of remember it being only 15 minutes away...Many of the sites at 4 mile Creek were very large grassy sites. I would book early for a July date.

Jim, Diane & Robert ~ NE. OH.
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote