Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #1

Niagara Falls

Suggestions for Best Parks, Niagara Falls

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2014, 08:37 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Niagara Falls KOA | Camping in New York | KOA Campgrounds

Been there, perfect to visit the falls.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:45 AM   #3

Thanks for the info, people tell me the KOA on the Canadian side is better but I can't confirm that.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleycruise View Post
Thanks for the info, people tell me the KOA on the Canadian side is better but I can't confirm that.
Have not been to the US koa, but the Canadian side koa was very nice.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
We just stayed at Niagra Falls North. It looks nice on the web, what you do not see if the dump about a mile away. The 2 days we were there we were not lucky, we were down wind both days, even though the landfill is capped they still are dumping there and the smell was still strong, bearable, but you knew something was there. Maybe that is why the are less expensive per night then the Grand Island KOA. North is the closest to the Rainbow bridge to Canada, so we selected it, I would stay at Grand Island next time.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have stayed 3 times at Niagara Heartland RV Resort in Gasport, NY. It is a PassportAmerica CG, and other discounts. The normal rate is $32 a night and the PA rate is $16 a night. It is a very quiet CG, or was when we stayed there. It is 30 miles from Niagara Falls by major roads, and if you take the scenic route up to Lake Ontario and travel the lakes coast line it is 46 miles. Nice scenic area. The CG price is right.

Our first time was in a 5th wheel with a 1 ton, crew cab, long bed Kin Ranch and I had no problems on the roads or parking. The next 3 times was in the MH.

Traveling again to that area I would consider staying at Niagara Heartland again.

RV Park Reviews

Passport America Info
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Exclamation Let someone else do the driving..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by macandphyl View Post

X2 On this KOA, No need for a TOAD even.......tour tickets bought right at the office, bus picks you up right at the office..........and then just enjoy your tour.......Really nice. We took our Jeep and never moved it.
The traffic in the Falls, is nothing I want to drive in, bus ride is better, no stress
Old 06-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #8

iRV2 No Limits Club
Can't get any better than Four Mile State Park.

Some sites right on the lake.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #9

Thanks for the info, I was looking for a decent place to stay relatively close to the falls. How close the state park from the falls? I also enjoy spending some time in the park that has some amenities.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleycruise View Post
Thanks for the info, I was looking for a decent place to stay relatively close to the falls. How close the state park from the falls? I also enjoy spending some time in the park that has some amenities.
4-MILE St. Pk. is approx. 17 mi. from Niagara Falls. It's a beautiful park and well worth it. I'm booked there for the Labor Day weekend.

You also have Old Ft. Niagara, 2 miles down the road, with a lot of re-enactments and history. 4-mile SP is right on Lake Ontario.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by macandphyl View Post

We stayed there last summer. Close to the falls, about 5 miles. Large, long sites.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5497.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	508.1 KB
ID:	64562  
Old 06-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My family and I opted to stay in Ontario at Rock Point Provincial park. Its right on the north east corner of Lake Erie and about an hour away from the falls. It's a little bit of a trip to see the falls but the campground was very nice and we could even see some of the lake from our campsite. Some of the sites can get a little sticky due to being close to the lake sore but it was no problem for a 4x4. We liked being able to get away from the racket after a long day at the falls. Good luck!

99 Dutchman Lite. 30'. 2002 Ford F-350 Superduty 7.3 Liter Navistar Diesel manual 4x4, 3.73 ratio, True Blue, Bone StockSOLD! Current tow beast: 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel Allison 1000 Automatic 4x4, 3.73, Onxy Black, Bone Stock.
fbh31118 is offline   Reply With Quote