Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #1

I'm planning on a trip to Niagara Falls this Summer. Any suggestions on where to camp and taking a motorhome into Canada? I was thinking on staying in the US and getting a rental car to go into Canada.

Thanks for your input.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #2

I'm planning on a trip to Niagara Falls this Summer. Any suggestions on where to camp and taking a motorhome into Canada? I was thinking on staying in the US and getting a rental car to go into Canada.

Thanks for your input.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:31 AM   #3

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

I stayed at Four Mile Creek State Park in Youngstown New York for a week in Sept 2006. Sites have water and electricity and two dump sites in the park. Sites are large and open with many providing a view of the lake. Restrooms and showers were well maintained. Park is about 5 miles from the falls. I will stay again when I return.(Phone 716-745-3802)I tow so went back and forth across the border several times with no problems. Crossed into Canada from Michigan in the motorhome and exited at Niagra falls with no issues and only questioning from the window. We had passports, vehicle registration documents, and proof of Canadian insurance coverage. On the Canadian side the Jordan Valley wineries and tasting were really enjoyable as was the fresh fruit, and vegetables
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:36 AM   #4

Niagara Falls!! Slowly I turn and step by step, inch by inch....

The 3 Stooges

Slowly I turned...

I can't help myself...once a Stooges fan!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dickfrompasadena:

Thanks for your input. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:27 AM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We went a couple of years ago,over at Niagara Falls,NY but stayed at the KOA on the Canadian side,not far from attractions and a nice clean campground. The US side of Niagara is dirty and not as nice as the Canadian side,guess they want to entice us to go over to spend our money on their side!

Dianne
Old 06-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #6

money conversion is almost at par. As Canadians spending in the US its great..as Americans spending in Canada, your not saving much! I remember 3 years ago it was about .60cents on the dollar, Americans were flocking on over here for the savings..The Canadian side is much nicer, and the view of the falls is great for photos..but it is touristy-with high prices. they get you and us! Have a great trip, it is well worth the visit..
Dona

2004 F350/6.0L/turbodiesel/crew-Open Road 359RL3-S5 (2010'Dodge ram 3500 Mega on order)
Dona and Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:31 AM   #7

I lived in Youngstown as a child. Very quaint, quiet village where the Niagara River empties into Lake Ontario. You will enjoy staying there.