Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Would you stay at a "no smoking" campground (or section) (all else equal)?
No 51 21.79%
Yes, unless it also meant no campfire, then No 49 20.94%
Yes, even if no campfires allowed 23 9.83%
Yes, I'd prefer no smoking 52 22.22%
Neutral / no difference to us 59 25.21%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2017, 08:14 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
As volunteers in parks we've picked up thousands of butts to get the campsite ready for the next person. Help out and pick up your butt!

Yes, as well as cans, bottles, food, plastic, paper and anything and everything considered "garbage"!

2016 Leisure Travel Libero on a 2015 Chevy 3500 Express
SailorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2017, 08:19 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorV View Post
Yes, as well as cans, bottles, food, plastic, paper and anything and everything considered "garbage"!

And don't throw 'em in the campgrounds bathroom toilet....they get soggy and are hard to light!
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:21 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
And don't throw 'em in the campgrounds bathroom toilet....they get soggy and are hard to light!

Man!! How could I forget the most important advice???

SailorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:51 AM   #74

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
Why are you staying at these places?!!

Quote:
And I don't like finding beer cans, boxes, and BARF.....
Johnitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #75

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
I don't have any objections to people smoking pot in campgrounds. It constantly wafts over fences in California coastal neighborhoods, anyway.

And for the record, I'm not anti-cigarette smoking, either. I will even occasionally weasel cigarettes when around smokers. I just think that these science deniers should be responsible about how they wield something that is known to be lethal. I hope some people never get to see a loved one suffer from smoking or secondhand smoke related (read: preventable) illnesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvistheKing View Post
All those getting on the "it's my right to smoke", "if it's legal you should be allowed to do it".

How many of you would object to your neighbour lighting up a joint, or doing a bong, in areas it's legal of course?

[edit] For reference I smoke neither and don't really care about others doing either.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:16 AM   #76

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Smoking is not the issue, littering is. It is also illegal. But smoking is such a politically incorrect thing now days, that people don't even think twice about attacking and demonizing smokers.

I smoked for 30 years; quit 7 years ago. The smell of cigarette smoke bothers me now, but it is also a legal activity, and I have yet, in 7 years, to be subjected to anything other than an occasional whiff or two while outdoors (indoor smoking is banned in most places in CA, and alot of outdoor places as well). If a smoker is more than 5 feet away from you, you are not being assaulted by smoke; get a grip. And you are not going to get cancer and die because of an occasional whiff of cigarette smoke; you breathe more harmful fumes while crossing the street in any city.
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:17 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
I don't have any objections to people smoking pot in campgrounds. It constantly wafts over fences in California coastal neighborhoods, anyway.

And for the record, I'm not anti-cigarette smoking, either. I will even occasionally weasel cigarettes when around smokers. I just think that these science deniers should be responsible about how they wield something that is known to be lethal. I hope some people never get to see a loved one suffer from smoking or secondhand smoke related (read: preventable) illnesses.
Do people realize that life is lethal?
Skip3370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #78

Quote:

Science deniers?......How about studying the effects of alcohol!
Old 10-12-2017, 11:24 AM   #79

How about it? Moderate consumption of alcohol has been proven to be beneficial.

Quote:
Science deniers?......How about studying the effects of alcohol!
Old 10-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #80

For some people, maybe, but I don't live in a war zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip3370 View Post
Do people realize that life is lethal?
Old 10-13-2017, 09:07 AM   #81

Quote:
For some people, maybe, but I don't live in a war zone.
You must not be following the news. Been to Vegas lately?
Skip3370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:13 AM   #82

Or that can't happen here....
Old 10-13-2017, 10:24 AM   #83

We don't smoke and we certainly don't want to breathe in second hand smoke. Thankfully, this has not been an issue in the campgrounds we tend to visit since the sites are usually spread out.

The butts, along with any other trash left on the ground, is what i don't like to encounter. It's a shame that previous inconsiderate slobs can't be bothered to dispose of their trash properly.

Smoking is a person's right. Not having to breath second hand smoke and/or put up with the butt litter is my right. Imo, it's mostly on the smoker to keep tensions down. I know that if i did smoke, i would try my darndest to keep my smoke away from others around me and i would not haphazardly litter the ground with my butts.

To you smokers that think about this and actually try to be respectful to others, Thank you!
Old 10-14-2017, 01:05 AM   #84

I regret to inform some, but my (and the campground owner’s) private property rights trump others desires. If it was a “right”, then non smoking areas would be illegal.

Tags
campground