Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:50 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club

Since this thread is already on its 3rd page, and with no reference to which post you were referring, I thought your statement was directed to Callie's post.

Just a suggestion - the "quote" function at the lower right hand corner of the post to which you refer can help other readers keep track of the post/statement to which you refer and your comment.

No disagreement - I don't like stepping on landmines or having urine all over my truck/RV, either.

2016 Ram Longhorn 3500 Dually 4x4 CCLB, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #30
Thought I would chim in since this is a lively post. We have owned a dog(s) all our married life (37 years). But when Our last 14 year-old had to be put down, I convinced the DW that we would love other peoples' dogs and not have to contend with all the restrictions of having a dog while camping. I prefer this method. However there is a footnote:
Our daughter has 2 dogs and she camps with us sometimes, so we still have the dog concern. Further, the neighbor's dog lives at out house 24/7. (we live in semi-country on 5 acres), so we "have" a dog. Since I retired from the State of Florida, and Florida's parks used to have a no dog policy. I used to complain to all my friends at DNR all the time about their policy. It was a agency policy, not a state policy. They finally changed the policy.

On a trip thru Maryland one year, we stopped at a state park and they would not let us stay because of the policy. Really ticked me off.
Since I like to talk to new people, I find it easy to meet people who have pets.

Just mepreference. s/Toby

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PDQ
Click on SHIP to enlarge CGC Sagebrush
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:57 PM   #31
Dollar Tree store carry the bags for dogs they come 50 to a package for a dollar! that being said we always clean up after our dogs, even at HOME, after 8 years of travel we have been many places have not had one complaint on our dogs, nor have ever complained about somebody else's dogs. I would like to see rv parks with sand rather than grass as a place to walk the dogs as its much easier to clean up out of sand than grass. to those that hate having dogs in there spot, I as a dog owner hate it too! I don't want somebody else's dog in my spot making a mess. I don't allow my dogs to do it and I expect other not to also! just my opinion!
Mitch & Dana Kofford

2006 Dodge 3500 dually
countryside drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #32
Time to get out the soapbox. We are currently at J&H RV Park in Flagstaff AZ. I notice this park was voted National RV Park of The Year on several ocassions. True, it is a clean and attractive park. But one statement in their Park Rules put a burr under my saddle. We are finishing up a 3 month trip around the US. I have been generally impressed by the lack of you-know-what on the ground in the parks we visited. Most all ask you to pick up after your pet. A reasonable request. But here at J&H they offer a Reward of "One free nights stay for information leading to the appresension and eviction of anyone seen not picking up after their pet". I'll try to limit my rant, but you know what I'm thinking. What about the pet owner out walking their pet with a Doggy Bag in hand, an is distracted by whatever, and doesn't notice that Fido has squatted and deposited, and they didn't notice? Hope no one else noticed, or they could be in deep doo-doo while their neighbor collects their reward!
End of rant. But I wont be back to J&H, no matter how clean their park is.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:22 AM   #33
There has been an occasion that my dog has gone twice and I only had one bag. I go back, but if someone rats me out, I am dog poop out of luck. I would be a little mad. I can see all the scrimy penny pincher's out there looking for a way to get a free night, better than Walmart. I am a big fan of confronting those who don't pickup after there pets. I offer a bag to them. Last month in NH I kid about 10 years old was walking a behemoth of a dog and he pooped right in front of my jeep. I asked the kid to pick it up and he said why, its dog poop and walked away. I couldn't follow him as I was busy, Oh well.

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:06 AM   #34
We also are proud owners of a dog. We also are "responsible" owners. But like most everyone else we run into those who are not "responsible" owners. I have noticed these owners usually walk their dogs after dark. they only make it more difficult for us. And I don't hesitate to rat them out. I would never accept a free night or any other "reward". I just think it is my responsibility.
indiana journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #35
Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers

Our FL park has found a way around the dog problems. No dogs allowed.

Coincidently, the site I lease here is PA has the same policy.

I like to walk around in my barefeet!

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA FMCA 335149 W3TLN
2005 Suncruiser 38R W24, no chassis mods needed 2013 Honda Accord EX-L 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #36
Watch out for broken glass, nails, rocks, etc...
Old 10-21-2007, 06:52 PM   #37
Before I start...we are very responsible Dog owners, always picking up ours as well as others left in our path. But I do wonder, if all pet owners were responsible...I do mean all, then I guess those very special CG's with a fee of 5-10.00 per pet/per night charge, would have to find another add on to make up the difference. Lets face it....some of the per pet/per night charges of some CG's are a real insult to those of us who are responsible so much so that in a manner of speaking, they should hire a PET POOP manager to follow behind Fido and not only pick it up but wipe his behind too... IMHO
1995 Vogue PrimaVista 37'
Mollie and Cassie ..Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and Humphrie, the stray Mini Schnauzer. RIP LiL Rubie and sweet Maggie!!
acampingwewillgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:25 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I see someone walking a dog and does not "stoop and scoop", I offer them a spare bag that I carry just for that purpose. If I get a "Just what are you talking about" look I will mention that the rule is you pick up after your dog and people that do not, give all pet owners a bad name.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #39
Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TXiceman:
When I see someone walking a dog and does not "stoop and scoop", I offer them a spare bag that I carry just for that purpose.

We do the same thing--we always have extra bags in our pockets and offer them to people--I have a bag here--do you need one or IF they start to walk away----here is a bag to clean up after your dog...........
Amazing how people say, oh yes I left mine at the motorhome, house, etc..........
As long as they pick it up..........
I really like the people with little dogs who dont' clean up---as if the little pile is less offensive than the big one..............
Karen & Jeffrey
2004 Monaco Diplomat 38 PST Surf, Luna,Sparkle, Breaker and Jitterbug the Mastiffs
Roscoe kitty too.
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:41 PM   #40
Funny, the piles I pass (and there are few of them) are obviously left by a big dog. Yes, I have a small dog...
Old 10-24-2007, 02:29 PM   #41
Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Davis:
Funny, the piles I pass (and there are few of them) are obviously left by a big dog.

What a shame--doesn't really matter if a small dog or big dog---anyone who leaves "deposits" does the rest of us a great injustice from people following us around to make sure we clean up to having hotels, RV parks, etc ban people with dogs.
With Mastiffs not many people are real willing to follow us around though
Karen & Jeffrey
2004 Monaco Diplomat 38 PST Surf, Luna,Sparkle, Breaker and Jitterbug the Mastiffs
Roscoe kitty too.
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:26 AM   #42
Monaco Owners Club
Boy, let me tell you, we are staying at a swanky rv resort here in Indio, CA. "Outdoor Resort". They are strick about cleaning up after your dog. They spent millions of dollars to make a beautiful resort and I don't blame them one bit!!!

We're staying here for FREE to check out the place and it's very clean and wonderful here.

In our house, the law is to clean up after our dogs. Unfortunately even at dogshows there are some lazy blankety-blanks that do not. I swear I swear when I have to dodge or step in the land mines with my cleaned up showdog and self.
All dogshows make it mandatory to clean up. Well,..DUH!!!!! I'm going to be a jerk about this. If you can't be responsable for your dog, then don't own one, or two, or three.....

Oh yeah, that goes for leashes too! Too many dogs get in dogfights because and irresponsible owner thinks that Feefee/Fido is a sweet dog. That may be the case, but maybe the tied up dog in thier own site is in a BAD mood today. So leash 'em up.

Oh crud, my soap box just burned down.

I'm really a nice guy, really,...please believe me.

2007 Safari Cheetah 40SFD 350 CAT / Allison 3000 / RR8R chassis.
2007 Saturn Vue Auto/front wheel drive toad. Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar. Apollo brake system, Pressure Pro, Surge Guard. 2 Norwich Terriers. Dog shows, golf, RETIRED, fulltimer.
AKBrick is offline   Reply With Quote