Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2009, 05:03 AM   #85

I think the issue here is the extent that the park goes to in enforcing its rules. Some parks will say "here are the pet rules, please follow them, ok." Others will say "you are being watched. If we find you failing to obey all rules, you will be evicted." This in unnecessary. Rarely will I find a park covered with poop. Rarely will I find one with none at all. Let's just agree that common sense and courtesy is always appreciated.
Glad you are all enjoying my thread.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2009, 05:42 AM   #86
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mainlander, I certianly hope that you will follow the rules and leash your dog. Rules are rules and all are everyone to obey or take it upon yoreself to get the rules changed through proper channels.

I know you say your dog is well behaved, but I was recently bitten by a neighbors "well behaved and trained" part Lab dog. I was riding my bike on a public street. All dogs are animals and are only obidient to a certian degree...some more than others.

SO please leash your dog as required.

ken

Old 02-02-2009, 05:55 AM   #87

Monaco Owners Club
I clean up after my dog 100 % of the time and it really bothers me to see landmines from other dogs. If im caught without a bag I improvise. Find a leaf or a piece of paper.

Cleaning up after your dog % 95 of the time is irresponsible what ever the reason. 5% is alot of poop.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #88

Yes, rules are rules. Even though your dog is trained, you never know. And I would hate for my grandchildren to get hurt by a dog that isn't on a leash. And I am sure you would hate that, also. Wouldn't it just be easier to put a leash on your dog????
Old 02-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #89

I ALWAYS pick up after my two pugs 100% of the time,I would be embarrased not to.I am responsible for them, not somebody else. As far as leashes, I say leash them or keep them inside. I can't count the number of times my dogs and I have been attacked by the so called "Well behaved and Trained" dogs not on a leash. Then from the owner I get "I am so sorry, he has never done that before".Lets all be responsible pet owners.Unfortunately in todays society some people think the rules apply to everybody but them
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #90

Fleetwood Owners Club
I (almost) can't believe nine pages of dialogue on this subject. My wife and I often joke about how the retired generation seems to have a favorite hobby - collecting dog poop!

Sorry, guys, just couldn't resist. Yes, we're retired, too; no, we no longer have a pet - but lots of "granddoggies," as my dil says, which we visit fairly often.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #91

I am not retired but after nine pages I couldn't resist to chime in. My issue is not with dog poop but with people who think the rules apply to everybody but them. It goes for evrything in life not just picking up poop. If there are rules it's for everybody else for some people. It could be driving rules, HOA rules, you name it, rules don't apply to them!
Bob O
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #92

Gulf Streamers Club
Love the comment about the retirees having a new hobby--dog poop collecting! Have you ever thought that dogs must really think they are very, very special! So special we even keep their poop in little bags,(LOL)! I am a retiree that definitely cleans up after her dogs.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #93

Monaco Owners Club
It often appears that dogs are leading us around on leashes and we pick up their poop. How must this look to an alien from outer space looking down on us. They would obviously deduct that humans are slaves to dogs and that dogs are the intelligent life on earth.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:50 AM   #94

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
All the rules in the world won't help some people.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #95

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
and the RVrs that are offended by dogs will be happy too.
Lest we all confuse the issue, it is not the dogs that offend us. What is offensive is someone else's dog poop on the bottom of my shoe, and even more so, the owner that permitted it to happen.

We love dogs, and dog owners, just not the inconsiderate ones - and I'll bet it's the same with you. I suspect the inconsiderate ones are keeping mum and ignoring all of this. I doubt seriously we'll see them posting here, and for the same reason that their dogs are a problem for the rest of us.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #96
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
blacktie...You are definitely on the mark with your post. I doubt very few "non-pet pick-ups" will post here.
I have always "marked the spot" if I do run out of bags- and I will walk back to do "clean-up"

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:04 AM   #97
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I usually carry a extra bag or two when I have the dogs out. I graciously offer the offender an bag in case they do not have one and have been told....
-Thank you...maybe once or twice.
-Never mind I have one...they dig it out of a pocket
-Why don't you mind your own *@^%*(@^%% business...next stop is to the office to report them.

But you are right. The ones that need to see this are not the ones to read this forum...you need to be able to read first.

Ken