Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2015, 01:06 AM   #1

Question North California suggestion

Since we are FT's one of the things we miss much is a bath tub. (Yes we shower) We are parked in San Jose, and want to get away for 3 days. Does anyone know a good place about 100-150 miles away that also has hot tubs? We looked into Hot springs but it seems they are all connected to resorts. :confused
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2015, 01:57 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Living in the Bay Area most of my life, I can tell you that you want to be very careful about any place advertising "hot tubs." I'll leave it at that.

I'd strongly recommend Calistoga. It's at the northern end of the Napa Valley, so it's a beautiful (and pretty easy) drive. It's a quaint little town with decent shopping and really good food (and wine, of course!) and they're famous for their hot springs and mud baths. All the hot springs I know of are part of a resort, but you can still go for a day spa without staying at the resort itself.

There are quite a few RV options in the area as well, ranging from the moderately expensive to the downright cheap. Just Google "napa valley rv parks" and you should get quite a few hits.

Good luck and have a great time!

Wryly Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Worth the drive to the Grover Hot springs:
http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/508/fi...Layout2011.pdf

Also the Genoa, NV 1862 Hot Springs:
1862 Hot Springs ~ Sierra Foothills ~ Genoa Nevada
Old 02-20-2015, 04:39 PM   #4

It looks Awsome, but what is the road like for a class A? And thanks for the idea.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:41 PM   #5

Just found out, not open till May.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:02 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We drive our Class A out that direction without issue. Grover Hot Springs is open year round except Wednesdays however the camping there is just for warmer months. There is RV camping in the Carson Valley that would still give you good access to that area.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:41 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
RV Park Northern California | RV Park Sacramento CA | Jackson Rancheria Hwy 88 and on the way to Grover Hot springs. Stayed there Oct- Feb 1st. Now redwood hot tubs but two great Jacuzzi and a real heated pool. If you call for weekend reservation they will probable be booked. But there is a secret...just show up and stand by, some one always cancels. If no openings they will have an emergency 50 amp hook up (no water or sewer) by the maint building and they probably won't charge for the night. Worst case stand by in the paved overflow lot. Sund-thurs plenty of openings. Talk to Le Ann or ED (manager) tell they Gary Hill sent you. I get nada...I am the vice mayor
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:24 PM   #8

Foker, love your thought about "watch this" but I would be remiss if I didn't mention that in the south that quote is "hold my beer and watch this".
stanleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:10 PM   #9

Pushing your limit for 1.5 hours south of San Jose, but down around Avila Beach are some hot springs that you could visit. Avila beach is just south of San Luis Obispo and north of Pismo Beach. Lot of campgrounds around the area, or stay at one of the hotels around, or even in Avila Beach. Sorry no recommendations, just able to provide some alternative to Calistoga area.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #10

Thanks for the Avila Springs ides. It sounds wonderful. Love the travel time.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:26 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We stay here every now and then.

Very nice hot tub setting.

Wine Country is a premier RV resort destination in Paso Robles!
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
california