Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #1

Northeast Beachfront campgrounds

I have read about the ones in Myrtle Beach, but I was wondering if there was something further north. I am in south central PA. A review would be helpful. I was thinking of a long weekend and Myrtle is 9 Hrs. More time driving than relaxing..........anyone???

Graniteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
Assateague National Seashore has become one of our favorite places.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #3

Try delaware seashore state park . 38 a night full hookups. 150 yards from the sand.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
My wife and I are going on our first real camping trip to Searsport, Maine. We have a premium lot which faces the ocean with full hookups. I thinks it's called Seaport Shores Ocean Campground. It isn't cheap by RV standards. i think it's around $70.00 a night but it's our first and we've waited for the stars to be in alignment so that we could get away and do this.
Unfortunately I can't give you any feedback on it because we haven't been there yet!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #5

Seaport Shores Ocean Campground in Maine does not have full hook ups unless things have changed so check out their web site so you won't have any surprises. Maine has some really nice ocean front campground, but that will be like driving to Myrtle Beach for you. Scusset Beach on the Cape Cod Canal would be closer, but only water and electric sites. Some nice campgrounds in CT, but most are closet to the beach but not on the beach. Fisherman's in RI has water front sites (Bay). Westport, MA has a campground on the beach but is is primitive, rocky/stones, and very windy so keep your awning in!
mrrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:22 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrving View Post
Seaport Shores Ocean Campground in Maine does not have full hook ups unless things have changed so check out their web site so you won't have any surprises. Maine has some really nice ocean front campground, but that will be like driving to Myrtle Beach for you. Scusset Beach on the Cape Cod Canal would be closer, but only water and electric sites. Some nice campgrounds in CT, but most are closet to the beach but not on the beach. Fisherman's in RI has water front sites (Bay). Westport, MA has a campground on the beach but is is primitive, rocky/stones, and very windy so keep your awning in!
Searsport doesn't have full hookups? Hmmm. I thought they did. I had better check it out further. It won't matter at this point however.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:57 AM   #7

Seaview Campground
Sea View in Eastport ,ME has full hook ups. We were at site #10 right next to the lobster shack and fishing pier. Full hook ups and a great view. No swimming though and no pool. It is a long, long ride to get there but a great place to relax. Bring your passports and visit Campobello Island.
mrrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #8

Thanks some great suggestions...anxious to hear how your trip goes Horizonchase.
Graniteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #9

+1 for assateague, just got back from camping on the state side (there are two, national park, and MD state park, both allow camping, we prefer the state side, steps to the beach, hot showers, limited hook ups, wild ponies, the whole shebang...lots of PA plates...about $25/night makes reservations 364 days in advance...