Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #1

Northeast Campgrounds

I am new to RVing and looking for camground recomendations in the Northeast. I will not have a toad so I am looking for a site with full hookup that has hiking / biking trails and water access with canoe or kayak rental.

Thanks
Frankie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Any particular State?
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #3

Wild Duck Campground - Scarborough, ME

Great campground . . quiet, adults only. Short walk to public transportation and coastal beaches. Wild Duck Campground RV Park - Scarborough, Maine Campground
Zagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:00 AM   #4

We stayed at Hide A Way Lakes, Home, in Ashtabula Ohio for several days while exploring the WRGT. The campground is right next to the bike path, very easy access.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #5

Any Stae on the map you posted,

Thanks
Frankie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:01 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Pumpkin' Patch in Hermon (Bangor area) in Maine - our summer home for Maine travel each year.

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Z View Post
Any Stae on the map you posted,

Thanks
Click on the services tab and just look around here Allegheny Site Management | Allegheny National Forest | Bradford, PA | RV Camping, Tents, Cabins, Boat Rentals
And look here for info on the Dam and hiking and the water kinzua dam area - Yahoo Search Results
In the first photo, thae water is pumped up to the upper reservoir during the night, and then brought back down through large pipes during the daytime to the generating station at the Dam........if you like woods, hiking, bicycling, this is home for me, and you would enjoy a visit here......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dam -1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	56150   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dam -2.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	56151  

Old 02-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
How about Lake Dunmore Kamperville (Mid-Vermont) Good size campground as far as Vermont is. Butts up to a set of mountains. The lake is great for kayaking and the campground has rentals. Don't get a site too close to the rec building because they do have many dances and bingo about every night. We like the large sites by the main entrance road. We have been there 5-6 times. Here are a few pics Vermont / Kamperville

The hiking is down the street. You can hike to Rattle Snake Point to get a view above the lake. Or, Moosalamoo Natural Recreation area right next door..lot of hiking, berry picking and primitive camping here.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Lake George RV Park in Lake Geaoge NY...NarrowsII in Bar Harbor Maine...Mountain lakes Campground in Manchester NH. Been to all three and highly recommend them.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
X2 for Lake George RV Park. Trolley comes to park for a small charge to Lake George Village.
Lake George RV Park: Lake George New York RV Camping at its Finest!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Acadia National Park, Maine.----Maine Campgrounds

N.H. CAMPGROUNDS -----LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
If you really like to be on the water many state parks are the place to be. But most only offer electric sites.

As far as a portable kayak, I invested in a "inflatable kayak" from Advanced Elements" I got the two person one about 6-7 years ago. Best money I ever spent. Super durable, stores in a duffel bag, from bag to water in 5 minutes. At many state parks I reserve sites that are at the waters edge (river or lake). The thing about the model I have is I can lay down in it and relax as I paddle around, or let the wind take me as I read a book. Sometimes I'll find a tree by a far off shoreline and take a nap....

Kettle Creek Northern PA. me & my son

Vermont Lake Dunmore

Lake St. Catherine Western VT.

Gifford Woods SP. VT.

Cook Forest SP. PA.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Lake George RV Park in Lake Geaoge NY...NarrowsII in Bar Harbor Maine...Mountain lakes Campground in Manchester NH. Been to all three and highly recommend them.

Ditto....top knotch park. Very very clean. Another nice park is Twin Grove Park in Pine Grove, PA. (close to Harrisburg and Hershey) Spotlessly clean and large sites. Lots of amentities and activities. You won't need transportation.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Check out campgroundreviews.com. Pick out a state and go from there. It's the "trip Advisor" of campgrounds... Btw, we agree on Lake George Rv Park. Been to Narrows II in Bar Harbor, Maine and wasn't impressed with the campground, waterfront sites, or price. Loved Bar Harbor tho... Fishermans State Park in RI was awesome, but almost impossible to get into...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground