Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2016, 07:20 AM   #43

If u r staying the nite in Bako consider the Bakersfield RV Resort..nice facility and excellent restaurant on premise...we live in Bako and sometimes just take the rig out for a nite and dinner!!!
48beardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2016, 09:27 AM   #44

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Just east of El Paso on I10 is the Cattleman's Steakhouse. It's on a working ranch and is widely regarded as one of the best in the country. You can over night in their parking lot.
Cattleman's Steakhouse, Fabens, TX.
https://goo.gl/maps/B22HSsaxD7t

Bookmarked. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2016, 09:51 PM   #45

National RV Owners Club
Leaving tomorrow. Planning on a fun trip, first stop Quartzsite.
jpm777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:14 PM   #46

If you are parking at a BLM in Quartzsite, you may want to choose one a little way out of town (like Hi Jolly) or the LTVA's. It gets you away from the flow of transient characters through town. We have not experienced any property or personal safety concerns. Just don't leave anything expensive out overnight like a generator.

Great pizza at Silly Al's on Main Street.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:34 AM   #47

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
If you are parking at a BLM in Quartzsite, you may want to choose one a little way out of town (like Hi Jolly) or the LTVA's. It gets you away from the flow of transient characters through town. We have not experienced any property or personal safety concerns. Just don't leave anything expensive out overnight like a generator.

Great pizza at Silly Al's on Main Street.
I got a couple nights at an RV park just outside of town, thought it would be safer and less crowded during the week.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:45 AM   #48

Freightliner Owners Club
The Keys are deceivingly far. It's 10 hours of pure driving from Pensacola to Key Largo - the same amount as San Antonio to Pensacola!

However while the rest of the nation has cold weather, I am currently enjoying 78 degrees before 8am in Big Pine Key. Campground reservations are hard to come by this time of year so you may want to call around once you get to Orlando or so.

Safe travels!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:36 PM   #49

National RV Owners Club
So I made it to Quartzsite for the big show, I was able to find an RV park with a space open for 2 days. Next stop Tombstone.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:12 AM   #50

Jealous
meyeram1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:45 PM   #51

National RV Owners Club
So I did the RV show, it was an experience but I did not think there were any real great deals. I bought a few small items to round out my new-to-me RV. I can definitely see that's it's probably more about meeting up with friends and getting away from it all. I spent 2 nights at the Black Rock RV park which was nice but nothing spectacular but I felt safer leaving my RV to go to the show. Since the RV park had only the 2 days available I moved to the BLM land just down the road and picked a way back spot for some boondocking. I just finished a nice steak dinner from the grill and just hanging and relaxing. I might head out to Tombstone tomorrow but I'll probably spend another night here and relax.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:36 PM   #52

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I've been in Quartzsite at the Roadrunner BLM LTVA camping area since Sunday. I've mainly been hanging around the amateur radio QuartzFest. I've left my trailer parked, with my gennie chained to the tongue with a very good chain and lock, and there are always enough people around to prevent casual thieves from causing any trouble.

After QuartzFest ends, I may move to a more spread out area but in the same LTVA, then head to Yuma.

I also plan on visiting Tombstone, Bisbee, and along the international border as I head further east.

So far, the only problem I've had is with folks running their generators when I'm trying to sleep. Some of the giant land yachts have loud diesel gennies. At least louder than I like when I'm trying to sleep. I wonder if the folks inside hear them as well as I do. Probably not.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #53

National RV Owners Club
Hey all, day 20 into my trip and I made it to New Orleans/Mississippi. It's been and adventure. I spent two days at an RV park while I went to the show in Quartzsite. I wasn't too impressed with the show and did not see a lot of great deals, but I can see the draw and getting together and hanging out with friends and fellow RV'ers. I moved to the free BLM land my third day and enjoyed being out and away from every thing I stayed a total of three more days.
Moved on to Tombstone AZ for three days and then headed out for San Antonio but detoured to El Paso.

The coach I bought had a lot of play in the steering and it was getting so it was exhausting to drive trying to keep it in one lane especially when the big semis passed me. I went to El Paso as it was the closest Camping World only to learn CW service is USELESS! They told me they don't work on chassis and referred me to a garage that works on big rigs and motorhomes. Found that one of my kingpins was worn badly and had them replaced, however no one has them in stock to they had to get them shipped, which took a day. Since I had a day to waste I went back to camping world to see if they would look at my Kingdome satellite dish that had stop tracking and acquiring a signal. Again service was USLESS as they told me they don't work on Kingdome systems. They said they would sell me a new Winedgard system to replace it, I said ok when can you install it? He said not until next Tuesday (This was on Tuesday when I inquired about it so I would have to wait around there a week to get it installed) so I walked out. On Wednesday I found an independent repair service that looked at my Kingdome and said it was toast, he said he could install the Winegard on Friday as he was booked until then. So Wednesday I went to CW and bought the satellite and overheard the same service guy tell another customer to bring their motorhome in tomorrow morning and they would get it done, I thought it interesting that yesterday he told me they were booked until next Tuesday. Did I say Camping World service is USELESS!

Thursday the kingpins were replaced and Friday morning the new dish was installed and I was finally on my way after a 5 day layover in the little town of Anthony Texas. The coach drives nice now, no thanks to Camping World.

On to San Antonio to the Alamo and the Riverwalk and then on to Houston to see the space center. I was planning of going to New Orleans to the WW2 museum but since I am a week behind I could not find a close RV park due to Marti Gras. One park actually said their rate for Marti Gras is $250 and night, this is a Good Sam park that usually goes for like 40 bucks a night. So I ended up at a park a ways away and I'm going to drive in to New Orleans for the day to go to the Museum. Maybe stop and sightsee more on my way back after Marti Gras ends.

It's been a fun trip so far. I still have the lower part of Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida if anyone still has suggestions on what to see.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:06 AM   #54

Wish I could have joined you but didn't get my rig back until yesterday I plan to leave a week from Tuesday for Southern California and don't know where I will go from there
meyeram1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:15 AM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
I envy your trip. That ride along the coast down into the Panhandle of Fla is fantastic. We stayed in State Parks all the way & loved them all. We followed the trip advisor & Diners & Dives apps to find interesting restaurants. Mobile has a Campground right on the Bay with Seafood restaurants nearby. Fairhope Ala is a great town to walk & visit local coffee/pastry shops. Keep on the Ocean roads through Pensacola-stop by the Naval Air Museum-!!- then roll on in to the State park at Destin (Topsail) or the one Near Watercolor-(grayton) go online for reservations-they do have walkups-but you cannot reserve walkups. Watercolor is bikeable from the Grayton Campground, it is a great town to visit & walk. Go on the Fla State Park website to pick a campground for your ride through Fla. All Fla campgrounds are great, some of them spectacular-we live in Fla & are still exploring them , with No bad reviews.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:18 PM   #56

National RV Owners Club
I have also been reviewing that parks I have stayed in at rv parks review.

jpm777 - RV Park Reviews