Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2016, 11:51 PM   #57

National RV Owners Club
Finding RV parks with room is getting harder and harder (and more expensive) as you go further south in Florida. So after around 3,000 miles I decided to turn around after staying in Pensacola for a few day and make the journey home.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #58

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I was headed towards FL, but I have lingered too long in AZ, so I probably won't get any further than East TX. I appreciate the suggestions for a trip to the SE, and for jpm777 giving us updates.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:18 PM   #59

National RV Owners Club
Landa RV Park

DO NOT STAY HERE! RUN RUN AWAY! I stopped here because it is close to camping world and I had scheduled service there at 8 am the next morning. The office is on the top of the park and it has an electric gate so you can't see the park until you have already checked in and paid. It was the off season so all spots were $20 so I paid for 2 nights. Once past the gate in the park you see there is a steep and narrow road leading down to the park. The roads are mostly dirt and he few that are paved and falling apart. The spaces along the river are dirt or some have a little gravel and are way too small for anything over 25 feet. Just before 1am I heard a vehicle pull up right behind my RV and shut off its motor. I looked out and a white van was parked right behind my motorhome, by the gas filler cap, with all its lights off. I shone a flashlight at the van and the driver had on a hoodie and he was using it to cover his face. He quickly started the van up and stared backing away. By the time I got dressed and outside I saw the van was parked at a trailer two spaces away, the lights were now on in the trailer but the guy refused to answer the door. I could not find anything wrong and I told the office lady in the morning. She told me that he is a monthly customer and said,. "Maybe he had a little too much to drink and thought it was his trailer" Even if that was the case, she didn't seem to care that a dangerous drunk driver or thief was staying on the property. She also refuse to refund the second night. Once they have the money that's all they care about. Again, RUN AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

Landa RV Park. New Braunfels, TX
Old 02-18-2016, 07:39 PM   #60

1Bigmess. Too bad you gave up. There are many RV parks in Florida. The park I'm in has several vacancies every day.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:42 PM   #61

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I didn't give up, it's a reprioritization of my trip. I was having so much fun in AZ that I lingered.

There's always next winter, too.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:40 AM   #62

Northern Ca to Fl Keys, what to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm777 View Post
DO NOT STAY HERE! RUN RUN AWAY!
Again, RUN AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

Landa RV Park. New Braunfels, TX

Thanks for the information. Did you post this review on one of the review sites such as rvparkreviews.com or Yelp?
This would allow the rest of us to read about your experience for years to come when we consider checking in.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:34 PM   #63

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
Thanks for the information. Did you post this review on one of the review sites such as rvparkreviews.com or Yelp?
This would allow the rest of us to read about your experience for years to come when we consider checking in.
I have posted reviews for all the parks I have stayed in on the rvparkrivews.com site. However this one was rejected by their moderator who wants me to "shorten the review" before they will approve it. I haven't had time to do so, but the whole unabridged version is here in my previous post.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:04 AM   #64

Winnebago Owners Club
Not enough time!! Unless you are a hard driver you will be lucky to make it to Florida in one month. I would skip the Alamo it is very disappointing. I would recommend the Texas Hill country instead. As mentioned don't skip New Orleans. There are two great museums in Oklahoma city that I would recommend as well. Enjoy
Old 02-26-2016, 07:21 PM   #65

National RV Owners Club
So after 41 days and around 5,200 miles I'm back where I started, Quartzsite AZ. I'm going to relax here a couple days and then back home to California. Thanks to all that offered suggestions on what to see along the way. It was a great trip, now to start planning my next trip!
Old 06-17-2016, 07:04 PM   #66

National RV Owners Club
Ok all, you were so helpful with this trip I thought I would get input for my next trip. Ill start a new thread here:

Yellowstone, Black hills and more