Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #1

Northern Idaho?

Hi there, We are planning a trip up through Oregon, Washington and then to Northern Idaho via Spokane WA this July. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on RV resorts in Northern Idaho? I've search and it seems quite a few have gone out of business or most are pretty light on amenities. We are interested in a swimming pool and somewhat scenic location ie trees, grass, full hookups, as apposed to gravel parking lot.

Thanks, Keith
wildcat30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hello wildcat30,

We live in Spokane and I am not aware of any RV "Resorts" north of Coeur D Alene, Idaho.

There is a pretty nice campground on lake Pend Oreille in Farragut State Park.

Farragut State Park

We go there when we want a camping experience, rather than a RV Resort experience.

The campsites are not one the lake proper, but are within walking distance to the boat launch and swimming area. The campground is Farragut Campground on the site of World War II Naval training base; it's a vary large area, maybe 100 acres (just a guess). There are campsites in the trees and newer site in a more open area. The old paved roads of the Naval base are a good place for bike riding, out of the way traffic. There are some attractions relative to the Naval base, a museum, and some old buildings like the brig, that can be toured. We rode our bikes around to the various places.

The park is a couple miles from Bayview which is a little town on the lake and is the location of a Naval Submarine testing station that uses the lake for testing since it's such a deep lake.

Welcome to Bayview Idaho Chamber of Commerce

bayview idaho - Google Maps

For a RV Resort in the Spokane area we recommend Spokane RV Resort.

Spokane RV Resort - Big Rigs Vacation on the Fairways

deer park wa - Google Maps

We spend time there many times throughout the summer since we play golf, so we take the motorhome up for long weekends, or for a week during the 4th of July. The RV sites are right on the golf course and the resort has a very nice pool and recreation center. There is somewhat of a restaurant at the golf course, but the town of Deer Park is adjacent to the Resort and has more in the way of restaurants.

Priest Lake, Idaho, about 60 miles North East of Spokane, is a beautiful lake with several canmping areas around the lake. It's worth a try if one like to be on a lake. It is popular so reservations for a campsite is a necessity.

Priest Lake, ID - Google Maps

I hope this will give you a couple of options that will fit your interests.
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #3

Thanks Ron,

Wow, this really helps! Farragut State Park sounds great especially for my boys who are history buffs! We may also try Coerur d'Alene RV Park as well before heading South.

Thanks again, Keith
Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Glad that helped.

I think you will like Farragut State Park. Check out the model plane flying area. I think they fly every weekend. When we were there they were having a Cowboy Shootout Camp. Lots of people dressed in cowboy attire with their horses... hundreds of them. They had various shoot out areas where they would shoot from horses, shoot in a old town setting, and so on. It wasn't a spectator event, but a meet for those that participate. However, one could spectate.

They have several areas for large events such as that, and for Boy Scout Jamborees.

I wasn't aware of the Coerur d'Alene RV Park. I will have to check it out,
Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
wildcat30,

Check out Stoneridge Rv Golf Resort in Blanchard Idaho. Limited to Class A motorhomes, but a nice place.
John Neff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We spent only 1 night here Blue Lake RV Resort - North Idaho RV Park - Bonners Ferry & Sandpoint, Idaho but fell in love with the place. The owners are great and they well stocked lake(catch and release). It is close to the train tracks but trains don't bother us. The park had 20 narrow spaces that the new owners changed to 11 and upgraded the utilities. We want to go back and take our grandsons.

We also spent 5 days here http://www.cdarvpark.com/ and thought is was a nice place. Post Falls is a good location to use as a base camp and is right next to Coeur d'Alene.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neff View Post
wildcat30,

Check out Stoneridge Rv Golf Resort in Blanchard Idaho. Limited to Class A motorhomes, but a nice place.
Thanks for the info, looks like a great place. I have not heard of a Class A only resort? To bad I have 5th wheel.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthomas1 View Post
We spent only 1 night here Blue Lake RV Resort - North Idaho RV Park - Bonners Ferry & Sandpoint, Idaho but fell in love with the place. The owners are great and they well stocked lake(catch and release). It is close to the train tracks but trains don't bother us. The park had 20 narrow spaces that the new owners changed to 11 and upgraded the utilities. We want to go back and take our grandsons.

We also spent 5 days here Coeur d'Alene RV Park and thought is was a nice place. Post Falls is a good location to use as a base camp and is right next to Coeur d'Alene.
Missed Blue Lake Resort on my google search, thanks!

I have Coeur d'Alene RV Park bookmarked, glad to hear from someone that has actually stayed here.

Cheers, Keith
Old 05-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Try Riley Creek State Park in Laclede Idaho. Hwy 2 mile marker 14. On the lake. opens memorial weekend. I live 1 mile from park. Clean all great sites. mountain views.
xfirechief20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat30 View Post
I have not heard of a Class A only resort? To bad I have 5th wheel.
Well your not missing anything by missing the Stoneridge RV park (ooops sory... Motor Coach Village). It's nice and I like the golf course, but talking to the RV Park salesman "left a bad taste in my mouth". He was somewhat snobbish about the park. It is also a lot more expensive than Spokane RV Resort, which does welcome 5th wheels and TT's (no tent trailers). Stoneridge's RV sites are actually privately owned, but rented out when not used by the owners. I think Spokane RV Resort is much nicer since about 1/3 of the pads are right on the fairways of the golf course, and all have a view of the course.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

We always stay at Coeur d' AleneRV Resort when in the area. It's a very nice park. Never had good luck any place in Spokane so we always bypass it and drive the few miles to Post Falls and stay at Coeur d' Alene RV.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
We always stay at Coeur d' AleneRV Resort when in the area. It's a very nice park. Never had good luck any place in Spokane so we always bypass it and drive the few miles to Post Falls and stay at Coeur d' Alene RV.
Thanks Mark, that one caught our eye and good to know its not too far from Spokane! - Looks farther away on a map