Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not a good experience

After completing a couple thousand miles in out trip, we stopped at a Banning California RV park around 5:00 p.m. and the office was closed. After following the late arrival instructions, we picked a site and hooked up. It appeared there was a RV group staying there and next morning when we went to the office to pay we found out out site was rented to a member of the group and if we wanted to stay we would have to move out of their area to the rear of the park. While talking to the clerk who was trying her best to help us a lady got out of her rig came in with a real attitude and started telling her what she would have to do and she wanted all the group together and wanted the site saved for the other guest. When the lady left, the upset clerk stated she was sure glad the lady left the she was very rude. Anyway, we were unhooking from the site and the rude lady came by and told us we could now stay that the other person was not going to make it. After telling her all was ok and we would just continue moving, that we did not want to cause any problems with the group, she stormed away. This long rambling is just a thought for your groups and clubs. Just because we are not part of your group we are still RV enthusiasts and if you want to grow you need to treat others like you want to be treated. We got the idea very clear we were outsiders by non association when we said Hi, or waived hello to you. I just hope the group was not Good Sam members like us. We always treat everyone at the parks the same. O.K that's enough for today, got it all off my chest and The day is good, roads clear, and on the way to another part of out trip...Thanks, Roger
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Roger,
I feel your pain. It is people like that who have no consideration or compassion for others. Had she inquired when she burst into the office she would have had the opportunity to have it explained to her that ya'll were looking for another site.

I hope that person has an opportunity to read this forum/thread.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some people spend their whole life living on the wrong side of the bed. I do think RV Parks should list those sites that are available for late commers so a similar situation should not arise. Unless I truly want to stay in the area, I feel if I have to move I might as well leave. Nuf Sed!

Don
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Many RV parks will put a traffic cone, barricade, etc. in reserved sites specifically to prevent a situation such as this. It might be something for this particular park to consider. Just sayin'.....

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On the other hand how many things may have already gone wrong for this lady in putting their event together. She did not have to come back to tell you that the other party was not going to use the site which was now available.

Things happen and some of us are not able to be perfect or even acceptable all the time.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We pulled into a park, late, and were met with what appeared to be the police yellow tape across the front row of spaces.
Our first thought was a mass murder, or something wild.
Come to find out the spaces were reserved for a club.
We found this out a week later when we were going back home from out outing and stopped again.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Thats what I like about the small Rallys,where we have no fees and play it by ear.I was at one Richard H put together and we had several campers that were around us join on the spot ,get in on the pot luck,and set around the camp fire with us.I know this can't happen at the larger events,but it's a great way to get new members and make new friends at the smaller rallys.
My--2 cent---- Bill
Old 11-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We have a small group in NC and our first trip the owner spread us out instead of all together. It was no big deal!! A couple of us stayed an extra night and ended up inviting some people that pulled in to share our campfire that night. I think I can speak for all of us in saying that you would have been invited to join us and not been treated so rudely. Come visit us sometime.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #9

OK I'm real new to the trailer camping thing. I've just camped out by myself in state camp grounds. Now I am campig in national parks and out of state. I have herd of the good sam club and want to know more about it. What is it all aboout and Where do you go to sign up? Zi/
Wire Wrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
OK I'm real new to the trailer camping thing. I've just camped out by myself in state camp grounds. Now I am campig in national parks and out of state. I have herd of the good sam club and want to know more about it. What is it all aboout and Where do you go to sign up? Zi/
Here it is.

Good Sam RV Club

It will save you a little at a lot of RV parks. They have a pretty good magazine. You will get a lot of junk mail.

We are members and subscribe to their roadside service policy, but I don't like all the junk mail trying to get me to buy other stuff.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #11

I have experienced similar situations of the years, thankfully seldom, but always annoying. It's not worth my effort to argue, and I'm on vacation, so I have no inclination to have my day ruined with an argument. I dislike the often used phrase "SOB" refering to some other brand, as we are all RVers. Once, years ago, our large group of close friends encircled a wonderful young couple vacationing from Germany. Their presence was pleasant and memorable.
We always welcome new friends along our travels.
Happy Trails.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Some groups can get quiet uppity to outsiders. Just chalk it up to meeting a jerk.

If you want to read about uppity groups, check the Texas Boomers site (www.texasboomers.org) for why we have the pink flamingo as our mascot.......

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
check the Texas Boomers site (www.texasboomers.org) for why we have the pink flamingo as our mascot.......

Ken
Click.

Now there's an invitation I can't pass up.

Glad I dint, makes me wish I was a Texan!
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #14

We'll probably be stsying in the Banning area next season, as we have good friend who lives there. We've visited a couple of times by Alaska Airlines via Palm Springs, but next year, we'll probably take an extended trip in the RV and visit Banning as part of the trip. I'd be interested to now how the CG was, apart from your altercation with the obnoxious camper.

Send me a private message if you'd rather not post any details.