Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bon Voyage

Well by now you've weighed anchor and are back on down the road. I hope you enjoyed your stay, despite the less than perfect weather, and got out to have a good look see.
It is indeed a small world, see you down the road.

Safe travels,
Stewart & Kim
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Stewart,

Sorry it took me so long to answer. We thoroughly enjoyed your part of the world. I just wish that we had more time to explore more of it! We are now back home.

I enjoyed our chance meeting at the campground. Like you said, it is indeed a small world. If you ever get in my area, please let me know.

Gary & Kay
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Stewart,

Sorry it took me so long to answer. We thoroughly enjoyed your part of the world. I just wish that we had more time to explore more of it! We are now back home.

I enjoyed our chance meeting at the campground. Like you said, it is indeed a small world. If you ever get in my area, please let me know.

Gary & Kay
So glad you enjoyed your stay, yes forsure we will drop you a line if we're down your way.

Until then, Take care and stay safe.

Stewart & Kim.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
Your very welcome. If you have any questions please feel free to drop me a line.
Enjoy the planning and your trip.

Stewart
P.S. Lobster is going for a very good price this year. lol

So is gas.....I believe it's around 1.35/liter.....
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
Your very welcome. If you have any questions please feel free to drop me a line.
Enjoy the planning and your trip.

Stewart
P.S. Lobster is going for a very good price this year. lol

I understand gas is about 1.35/liter.....

I was stationed at Loring AFB for 4 years and loved traveling up to Nova Scotia...great fishing and hunting. And yes those lobsters are out of this world
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
Quote:
Originally Posted by corjaguar View Post
I understand gas is about 1.35/liter.....

I was stationed at Loring AFB for 4 years and loved traveling up to Nova Scotia...great fishing and hunting. And yes those lobsters are out of this world
Looking forward to enjoying the great seafood, and the beauty of the area! We will be visiting Quebec and the NB and NS coming back down the coast of Maine.Leaving in two weeks. I was stationed in Maine, at Dow AFB . It's been about ten years since our last visit to NB NS and Maine. This is first time with the MH and will be a bit different being able to take our time. Still looking for places to stay on route. Got some great info from other posts as well as getting ideas from this one. Any comments on Hyclass ocean campground? It looks to be at the start of Cabot trail. We want to use friends truck to do the sights, keeping rigs parked.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stearn View Post
Looking forward to enjoying the great seafood, and the beauty of the area! We will be visiting Quebec and the NB and NS coming back down the coast of Maine.Leaving in two weeks. I was stationed in Maine, at Dow AFB . It's been about ten years since our last visit to NB NS and Maine. This is first time with the MH and will be a bit different being able to take our time. Still looking for places to stay on route. Got some great info from other posts as well as getting ideas from this one. Any comments on Hyclass ocean campground? It looks to be at the start of Cabot trail. We want to use friends truck to do the sights, keeping rigs parked.
There are a couple of nice campgrounds, one at each end of the Cabot Trail. There is the KOA outside of North Sydney which is only minutes from the south entrance to the trail (if you want to travel it counter-clockwise) and at the north entrance in Cheticamp there is the National Park campground (if you wish to travel it clockwise). We drove our MH around the trail last week and we stayed at Cheticamp two nights and the KOA one night. There is a fairly narrow and rough section of highway just west of Cheticamp (about 4 miles of it) and you may have to move over on the road shoulder when meeting other large rigs should you decide to camp in Cheticamp.
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #22

Being from Nova Scotia and traveling there every year, trust me, stay away from Quebec roads. Worst in Canada. If you have an air tide you'll manage but me in my A class from the NB border to Quebec city is always like driving down the worst bumpy road imaginable .

We always stay at the Hubbards Campground . On the beautiful sothshore. Take the St MArgrets Bay route for amazing costal views. The campground isn't a premium camp but can accommodate 40 ft . There is a private beach, amazing! The Shore Club ( beside the grounds ) has Lobster Suppers Thr to Sun. Saturday nights they have a dance for all ages ! Fun!

July and Aug is best,

For September and October be sure to see te Cabot Trail in Cape Breton. Bed deck is nice too.

Hope that helps,,,, home two weeks now and miss it already.
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
Our plan is to enter Canada thru upstate NY to Quebec, then return to Maine to over night in Bangor. Then enter NB crossing at Calais. Thanks for the info!

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Kim and I will be at the Bras d'or campground this coming weekend.
Cape Breton Island - Accommodations - Baddeck - RV - Camping - Cabot Trail - Bras d'Or Lakes Campgrounds . Haven't been there before but it looks nice.