Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2008, 06:03 AM   #1

We're planning a 6-8 week trip starting sometime in August. I'm looking for any resources that would help with information on where to stay. We have a 43 ft DP.

I'm familiar with Norm and Linda Payne/See Ya Down The Road, and we have looked at their trip log.

Any other resources any of you could recommend?
BCook57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2008, 06:03 AM   #2

We're planning a 6-8 week trip starting sometime in August. I'm looking for any resources that would help with information on where to stay. We have a 43 ft DP.

I'm familiar with Norm and Linda Payne/See Ya Down The Road, and we have looked at their trip log.

Any other resources any of you could recommend?
Old 02-22-2008, 03:39 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Bob & Katie: Hi from Tucson. Read your post and like you, have been waiting for some responses since we too are very interested in touring Nova Scotia AND Newfoundland with our rig. We've visited Nova Scotia prior to retiring and going fulltime, and VERY MUCH enjoyed that Province, but we were not in a motorhome then.
Hope someone responds. We'd like to spend a big chunk of either this summer or next in Newfoundland. Hope someone drops a line or two. OH, by the way....all we know is it's TOO COLD here in Arizona. It's our first time trying out AZ for winter and for sure...it'll be back to good ol WARM Florida again next winter!!!! Brrrrrrrrr. Steve & Lynette
Old 02-22-2008, 06:23 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I keep thinking about a Trans-Labrador Highway trip. With the price of fuel might as well do the BIG circle trip including NS.

http://tlhwy.com/

Did part of the James Bay Highway in 2001.

http://jamesbayroad.com/

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #5

Try these sites.
Newfoundland

Nova Scotia

PEI

New Brunswick

Couldn't resist adding PEI, my favorite island
Old 02-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We did a 2 week trip to Nova Scotia in the summer of 2006. It was a great time. My only resource to plan the trip was the 2006 Doers' and Dreamers' Guide from the Nova Scotia Dept of Tourism. It is free, order it on line www.novascotia.com or call 1-800-565-0000. On the way up we spent several days exploring Fundy National Park in New Brunswick. The 40 ft tidal change is impressive. The park can accommodate your motorhome just make reservations. We drove from Fundy to Cape Breton Highlands National Park and stayed at Cheticamp Campground in the park. Large sites full hookup very clean. We used this as a base camp and explored the Cape Breton Highlands and Cabot Trail from here. We did a lot of whale watching from the Cabot Trail. They say the Cabot Trail is the most scenic drive in North America and I would agree. We did not have the time to get up into Newfoundland. Next time we go back we plan on exploring the Bras d' Or Lake area and Halifax. You are going to have a great time.

2008 Honda Pilot/Racked out with Old Town Kayaks
Slapshottr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #7

Thanks to all for the responses so far. We have also identified a couple of sites with info. We're going to be meeting with some people who are from the area, and hope to learn more then.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #8

Have not been their in a MH, but did spend 3 wks in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland traveling by motorcycle. It ranks as one of the best places I have ever been. And I have traveled the entire US and Canada. I have never encountered friendlier people anywhere. The seafood is great. I cant wait to go back by MH when retired in a few years. You will love every minute of that trip. Enjoy
Old 03-16-2008, 11:24 AM   #9

If you have any specific question about some area specific or attractions, drop the questions here or in the Canada Forum.

Or drop me a PM and I can try to find answers for you.

I live near Halifax and have been checking out all the local campgrounds since we moved here. Have done a bit of PEI and NB touristing since as well.

03 Ram 3500, CTD, Crew Cab, 4X4, DRW, 6 spd, pacbrake, aFe stage 1 mega cannon with Torq tube.
The Big Kid is offline   Reply With Quote