Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2005, 03:41 AM   #1

Hi,

Well after seeing gas prices raise here daily-over a dollar in places in two days. We've decided to find a seasonal site to put the trailer. We've been thinking about some, but aren't sure about some we've seen advertised. Any suggestions of campgrounds that have tons to do within 2 hours of the lower Hudson Valley? This way we can still camp and have our fun.

We took a trip to Lake Ontario this weekend and it was 2 tanks of gas-$206! We may down size to a car instead of our suburban if we can find a nice site somewhere that we can all enjoy-teens, adults and one 7 year old.

So give me some ideas- Roundout Valley maybe a option-anyone know anything about them?

Thanks for the help!
Nell

2002 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 quad cab
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2005, 03:41 AM   #2

Hi,

Well after seeing gas prices raise here daily-over a dollar in places in two days. We've decided to find a seasonal site to put the trailer. We've been thinking about some, but aren't sure about some we've seen advertised. Any suggestions of campgrounds that have tons to do within 2 hours of the lower Hudson Valley? This way we can still camp and have our fun.

We took a trip to Lake Ontario this weekend and it was 2 tanks of gas-$206! We may down size to a car instead of our suburban if we can find a nice site somewhere that we can all enjoy-teens, adults and one 7 year old.

So give me some ideas- Roundout Valley maybe a option-anyone know anything about them?

Thanks for the help!
Nell

2002 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 quad cab
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:11 AM   #3

If you were to come north of Albany you have Deer Run CG sorry I can't find the number or Alpine Lake CG (518)654-7652 or Nickersons Park CG in Gilboa (607)588-7327. Good luck Ed
Old 09-06-2005, 02:02 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check out the Lazy River CG in Gardiner NY (a Yogi Bear campground). Nice place, well kept. Not sure how much a seasonal site costs, but we've been there many times.

Rich
Old 09-06-2005, 02:09 PM   #5

Try looking at http://www.beaverspringlake.com in Davenport, NY. Nice and clean, well run and also Passport Amer. Closes large city in Oneonta, NY.

Winnebago Adverturer 2004 35U Cypress Green Metallic
Dick N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:21 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I second the Yogi Park in Gardiner, NY. I know some seasonals there, and they are very pleased with it. I like it there just to grab a weekend once in a while..(I'm 15 minutes from there).
RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:34 PM   #7

Another vote for Yogi in Gardiner....although not as wooded as I would like, I go there at least twice a year....lots of stuff for the yougin's to do.