Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2017, 06:26 PM   #1

Oak Plantation Campground Charleston SC

Just an update to my thread from early this year. Just returned from a trip from western NY to Charelston SC. It was great weather and clear roads, and the campground was great. The speed bumps were no problem, and traffic on Rt 17 is heavy but very easy to get around. The staff at the campground are great and friendly, and the campground is very clean and well maintained. The only negative I could find is no campfire ring, but you can rent one if you like or bring your own. If I had to give this campground a rating from 1 to 10, I would give them a 9.5 just cuz I don't give 10. I would highly recommend this campground and would also recommend Charelston for a place to go. I hope this help others and please feel free to ask me any question.
Springdale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2017, 01:09 AM   #2
RV LIFE Support Team

Why don't you post your review on campgroundreviews.com?

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:09 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springdale1 View Post
Just an update to my thread from early this year. Just returned from a trip from western NY to Charelston SC. It was great weather and clear roads, and the campground was great. The speed bumps were no problem, and traffic on Rt 17 is heavy but very easy to get around. The staff at the campground are great and friendly, and the campground is very clean and well maintained. The only negative I could find is no campfire ring, but you can rent one if you like or bring your own. If I had to give this campground a rating from 1 to 10, I would give them a 9.5 just cuz I don't give 10. I would highly recommend this campground and would also recommend Charelston for a place to go. I hope this help others and please feel free to ask me any question.

Thanks for your post. I plan on staying at this RV park.
RV4Me4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:51 AM   #4

Thanks for the update. OPC is our preferred spot in Charleston as well. Its been a couple of years since we've been there but planning on going to visit friends in the area this summer.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #5

Stayed there 3 times now. Last was march 24 for 4 nights. Always a good experience. Better have reservations as they are always busy. Especially if you want 50 amp full hookup.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:02 PM   #6

OPC is a good option thanks.We usually stay at James Island Camp Ground,
but I'am tired of hitting low hanging branches just before the entrance.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:27 PM   #7

We just got back from a trip to Charleston where we stayed at James Island Park Campground. Those low-hanging branches were annoying but the park more than made up for it. Everyone there was wonderful and there is a lot to do in the park, especially if you have kids along (we didn't). I like the fact that the entire 643-acre park is fenced in, too.
Vlunceford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground