Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Oceanfront Campgrounds in Maine

We would like some recommendations on oceanfront/beachfront campgrounds between Kittery and Portland, Maine in September. Thank you!
Dieselcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #2

We recently moved from Maine to Virginia and I can not recall cpomg directly on the ocean between those points. We have camped on the water further north including the Acadia national park area (KOA and Federal) as well Popham Beach area.

Good luck on your search.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The only campground I can think of directly on the ocean between those two points is Libbys in York, ME.Libby's Oceanside Camp - York Harbor, Southern Maine Coast

There is a State Park in Hampton, NH that is on the ocean. The New Hampshire Division of Parks and Recreation : Hampton Beach State Park

It is hard to get reservations at either place, so you would need to start now.

Good luck and travel safe.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #4

While in ME, I encourage you to see THE REAL MAINE. This means yes do see Bar Harbor, Acadia NP and such, but the real Maine begins after Bar Harbor.

The beach front camps are farther "Downeast"

After BH, every road to the right leads to the shore or a cove. You will find villages with restaurants that have better and cheaper food than the tourist spots.

And the lobster is much cheaper farther "Downeast" also. And the farther you go, the more down-home it gets. Eastport is awesome. Enjoy your trip!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #5

If you want to visit Freeport and L L Beans store they have a special Bean's RV parking area big enough to park any rig. If you are interested in the exact location I give give you better instructions or Lat Long coordinates for GPS. That is only 3.5 miles from my house. Also large truck stops for fueling big rigs are few and far between after you get off of Interstate 95 so fill up before you depart the I-95 corridor. Not saying there are not gas stations with diesel but they are not easy to get a mh in and out of
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Which campgrounds would you recommend that are not Oceanside?
Dieselcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #7

We went to Bar Harbor. Loved it we will go back. The Lobster was amazing. Where else can you get a 2lb steamed lobster dinner cooked to perfection for $15.00. This was 2 yrs ag.
24therode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #8

Check out Searsport Shores

We went last year and have our trip planned again this August. This location is awesome! Family Camp Grounds Maine | Oceanside Beach Camping ME Right on the water!

If you like lobster up the street is Young's lobster pound, awesome, BYOB and sitting on the waters edge.
You must try blueberry Ice Cream and fresh wild blueberries, you have never had any till you try these.

Have a blast!
jwardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bailey's Campground, Maine

We have friends that Rave about this place - I think it's in York, or Wells, Maine.
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefans & Harvey View Post
We have friends that Rave about this place - I think it's in York, or Wells, Maine.
It is in Old Orchard Beach, well actually Scarborough, but it is more than a walk to the ocean. They do provide a shuttle to the beach. http://http://www.bayleys-camping.com/