Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2016, 07:12 PM   #29

Unless things have changed. the campgrounds in Grand Tetons do not take reservations. However, if you leave Yellowstone in the morning, you shoutl have no trouble getting a site.

We spent two full weeks in Yellowstone this past September. It was out 12th trip there, and we are still finding new parts of the park to see. The place is vast.

Joel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1768.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	145848  
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2016, 06:54 PM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
From the NPS website:
2017 Spring Road Opening Dates

April 21: Mammoth to Old Faithful; Madison to West Entrance; Norris to Canyon.
May 5: Canyon Junction to Lake; Lake to East Entrance (Sylvan Pass).
May 12: Lake to West Thumb, West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass), and South Entrance to West Thumb; Tower Junction to Tower Fall.
May 26: Tower Fall to Canyon Junction (Dunraven Pass)
May 26: Beartooth Highway
Good info...

#1 - With this I took my Yellowstone map wrote down when each road should be open. One of the websites I also use ( Campgroundviews.com ) has started a new feature like a Google View vehicle that drives around the whole campground with a 360 degree view. Right now I'm leaning toward the Madison Campground. The reason is if I stay there for say 7 nights, there seems to be a better chance I can get solar from my 100 watt portable panels as the sites are more sun filled in general. The other two I checked out seemed to be far more shaded . Any thoughts on Madison? I figure it was close enough to Old Faithful and the Geyser Basin.

#2 - Coming from the Midwest ( Ohio) was thinking about entering the park at the East Entrance traveling I-80 / I-25 / ?????? Any suggestions ?

#3 - When I called today the reservation number at Xanterra the Fishing Bridge campground was off limits to us because we have a hybrid RV trailer. Is this the only campground with electric service within the park. I would like to spend 10-14 days in YS and another 5-7 in Grand Teton which I'm leaning towards the Gros Ventre Campground. Any Ideas of another campground inside YS for my second 4-7 night stay?

When I called today, they said the reservation system was going to be down for as few days to do a upgrade...So she said she couldn't even tell me if sites were available for my dates.

Quote:
I originally wanted to stay at The Coulter RV park along with Fishing Bridge Park, but there were only a couple days available for my 40 foot RV, so we opted to stay at Headwaters ( Headwaters Lodge and RV park ) . It may be different for you if your rig is smaller.
Is this a private campground ?
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote