Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2017, 09:22 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Ohio State University RV Lot during the summer?

We may have an opportunity to stay at Ohio State University this summer for a traveling swim meet (not collegiate, but held at OSU).

OSU has some "RV lots" that they rent out during the football season, but there's little information about what these lots really offer online (electricity? dump station?) and whether or not they can be rented during non-football-season weekends.

Has anyone here used the OSU RV lot? If yes, does it have 30amp or 50 amp service? And is there a dump station nearby too?

And... does anyone on the forum know whether or not it's possible to use this RV lot for a summer weekend? i.e. not during OSU Football Season??

Thanks!
Rob
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2017, 10:50 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Doing a Google search about OSU RV lots only shows links to "Game Day" or "Football" RV lots. I'd suggest you call OSU Campus Police to get more information.

https://dps.osu.edu/

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:41 PM   #3

also....check out alum creek state park. Pretty nice lake and a pretty area to stay if you need a back up plan. Only about 20-30 minutes away.
0rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post
We may have an opportunity to stay at Ohio State University this summer for a traveling swim meet (not collegiate, but held at OSU).

OSU has some "RV lots" that they rent out during the football season, but there's little information about what these lots really offer online (electricity? dump station?) and whether or not they can be rented during non-football-season weekends.

Has anyone here used the OSU RV lot? If yes, does it have 30amp or 50 amp service? And is there a dump station nearby too?

And... does anyone on the forum know whether or not it's possible to use this RV lot for a summer weekend? i.e. not during OSU Football Season??

Thanks!
Rob
They are the normal parking lots except during home football games. Primitive, no hookups.

From the University:

1. RV LOTS: The RV Parking Lot is located in the Buckeye Lot off of Fred Taylor drive, north of Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.
    1. The RV lot opens at 5am on GameDay. RVs & oversized vehicles that arrive earlier than 5 a.m. on GameDay will need to find alternative parking.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:21 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Todd727 beat me too it. Yep, they're just parking lots/no utilities.

Alum Creek SP is electric only. If you need FHU, try Cross Creek Camping Resort - which is just down the road from Alum Creek. In closer is Tree Haven in Westerville, if you can do w/just w/e.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:09 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You could also check with the Ohio State Fair fairgrounds. Might be some hookup sites there.
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:32 PM   #7

27 miles north (35 minutes) is Delaware State Park. It's also a nice state park, but the shower houses are dated.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:44 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Thanks everyone! So it's primitive parking-lot style, only during the football season.

If we go to OSU this summer, we'll check out one of those spots.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post
Thanks everyone! So it's primitive parking-lot style, only during the football season.

If we go to OSU this summer, we'll check out one of those spots.
Not sure I'd call it primitive on O.S.U. campus, but you might as well park at a Walmart, Cracker Barrel, or other free RV friendly spot. Less drunk students in those spots, even though you're talking about summer session time.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:33 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Couldn't agree with you more there Bob! If we go at all, we'll have two young kids with us. No need to expose them to that kinda behavior just yet, let alone the possible risks to the RV when we are not inside it.

I have a degree from OSU, and I returned to campus a couple of years after my undergraduate degree to attend a conference and while I was attending the conference, someone stole my new car! Police found it over a year later, long after I had replaced it. All the contents in my trunk were still inside (over $1000 worth of scuba equipment), but they said the shocks and undercarriage was pretty well shot--as if they took it for a ride down a set of RR tracks. Police suspect it was a gang initiation, but who really knows!?
Old 03-07-2017, 01:02 PM   #11

http://ohioexpocenter.com/wordpress_...pingInfo-1.pdf

Fairgrounds isn't bad but I would do Alum Creek SP
Old 03-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondavalk View Post
http://ohioexpocenter.com/wordpress_...pingInfo-1.pdf

Fairgrounds isn't bad but I would do Alum Creek SP
Old 03-07-2017, 06:22 PM   #13

Yeah....You couldn't pay me to stay near campus with young kids. Lots of crime in that area. Alum is where I would be.
0rion is offline   Reply With Quote